DAW Users With ADD

acidrock said:
Friday
So what kind of freak were you? :confused:

Regular ;)

Me in Lycra Don't I just look so good? :cool:

I don't know how to insert a bigger picture - this BB seems to limit the image size to 64K. Which is probably as well considering...... :)

Attachments

• RESIZED v2 DSC_0004.jpg
    RESIZED v2 DSC_0004.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
Paul881 said:
Regular ;)

Me in Lycra Don't I just look so good? :cool:

I don't know how to insert a bigger picture - this BB seems to limit the image size to 64K. Which is probably as well considering...... :)

You need to find an editor that allows you to compress the file size without affecting the dimensions.

After viewing the picture I think you should stick with what you were doing. :rolleyes:

I bike all the time,but I just jump on the bike with whatever I'm wearing,no helmet either,but I do have a water bottle. :D We have the most beautiful bike trail that goes along Lake Michigans shore,and it's only a block away from my house. :cool:

LATER!!!!

Attachments

• Paul.jpg
    Paul.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17
April Showers
Pouring out here today. They are forecasting heavy winds (gusts to 50 mph) and heavy rain. So far we've just got the rain.

On the plus side, it is starting to green everything up.

Weddings
My daughter booked her wedding hall yesterday. I now realize I was brought along to write the deposit check. I didn't particularly care for the place - not horrible, but not great either. However, I don't recall being asked my opinion. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of inviting Paul - assuming he probably won't travel from England, but will feel obligated to send a gift (and given his tax bracket, I'm expecting a big one).

I don't think I'm inviting Guy, as he might actually show up. :D

BTW, I find this photo much more acceptable in a "stylized" version, as two words I had hoped to never hear together are Paul and Lycra. :eek:

Attachments

• Paul Bike1jpg.jpg
    Paul Bike1jpg.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 12
dachay2tnr said:
April Showers

On the plus side, it is starting to green everything up.

:D
I might cut my grass today,it's awful long in some places and barely starting in others.

Weddings
My daughter booked her wedding hall yesterday. I now realize I was brought along to write the deposit check. I didn't particularly care for the place - not horrible, but not great either. However, I don't recall being asked my opinion.
The place my brother got married at was shut down by the health department one week after his wedding.About as week too late from my POV.

Oh and BTW,just keep your mouth shut and sign the checks okay. :p :p :p

No, nor me, except I am working long hours away from home :rolleyes: Staying in swanky hotels and eating gourmet food might sound good but not when you are on your own - you get fed up with it :(

Next week I am on study leave Monday and Tuesday and have my last MBA exam on Wednesday - unless I have to resit in October:o

We are supposed to be on vacation in a couple of weeks but with my Father in law's illness, we are thinking that we will have to postpone :(

Home tomorrow night:)

Take care boyz...it's rough out there ;)

I went on sort of a job interview today. It's for a garden center who is looking to build their wholesale business - selling pavers and retaining walls to contractors.

Very entrepreneurial is essence. Pretty much a free hand in trying to develop and grow this part of their business.

They were not necessarily actively looking for someone. But I have a good friend who works for a paver manufacturer (actually Vic the Drum), and this is one of his customers. They discussed their idea with him, and he suggested they might want to talk to me. :eek:

Of course, I know absolutely nothing about the industry - but that hasn't stopped me in the past. :D

We had a preliminary meeting today, after which we both agreed to step back and think about it, and talk again next week. At this point, I'm not sure how I feel about it (having gotten somewhat used to retirement :) ). Hopefully they'll decide they want someone with more industy experience, and make it easy for me. :o

dachay2tnr said:
Of course, I know absolutely nothing about the industry - but that hasn't stopped me in the past. :D

:o

Those who cant sell. :rolleyes:

I remember a salesidiot telling me that a 12" radius is only one inch different from a 15" radius.This was a person bidding on jobs in six figures. :rolleyes:

acidrock said:
I remember a salesidiot telling me that a 12" radius is only one inch different from a 15" radius.This was a person bidding on jobs in six figures. :rolleyes:
I need him to measure my dick for me. :rolleyes:

dachay2tnr said:
I went on sort of a job interview today. It's for a garden center who is looking to build their wholesale business - selling pavers and retaining walls to contractors.

Very entrepreneurial is essence. Pretty much a free hand in trying to develop and grow this part of their business.

They were not necessarily actively looking for someone. But I have a good friend who works for a paver manufacturer (actually Vic the Drum), and this is one of his customers. They discussed their idea with him, and he suggested they might want to talk to me. :eek:

We had a preliminary meeting today, after which we both agreed to step back and think about it, and talk again next week. At this point, I'm not sure how I feel about it (having gotten somewhat used to retirement :) ). Hopefully they'll decide they want someone with more industy experience, and make it easy for me. :o

That's very interesting. Joking aside, I have a lot of business experience especially in Business Development/marketing and have given my services for free to friends who have their own small businesses, which has helped them crystallize plans that have had. The result being a very positive effect on their business. I did it as much as anything a) to help my friends and b) to prove to myself that what I have learnt can be used whatever the market sector.

It never ceases to amaze me how some businesses survive (and even thrive) even though they make a complete balls-up of customer interface/marketing/sales support etc. Including employing dick-head sales guys :confused:

When I did consultancy for a living, in every single enterprise I worked for, I was quickly and easily able to identify at least six things to improve business - and then did so (except in one case where the CEO himself was a complete dick-head) :rolleyes:

Good luck - you can do it - (think - market segmentation and differentiation - what would make the target customer buy pavers from the enterprise?) If you need any brainstorming help, let me know - be pleased to assist.;)

Last edited:
Paul881 said:
That's very interesting. Joking aside, I have a lot of business experience especially in Business Development/marketing and have given my services for free to friends who have their own small businesses, which has helped them crystallize plans that have had. The result being a very positive effect on their business. I did it as much as anything a) to help my friends and b) to prove to myself that what I have learnt can be used whatever the market sector.

It never ceases to amaze me how some businesses survive (and even thrive) even though they make a complete balls-up of customer interface/marketing/sales support etc. Including employing dick-head sales guys :confused:

When I did consultancy for a living, in every single enterprise I worked for, I was quickly and easily able to identify at least six things to improve business - and then did so (except in one case where the CEO himself was a complete dick-head) :rolleyes:

Good luck - you can do it - (think - market segmentation and differentiation - what would make the target customer buy pavers from the enterprise?) If you need any brainstorming help, let me know - be pleased to assist.;)
Thanks. I may take you up on it if anything happens with this.

I tried to take advice once from a salesman I knew. He told me he used to spend a lot of time getting the customers to like him, and then he would threaten to commit suicide if they didn't buy from him. When I tried it, they said "try not to get any blood on the floor." :rolleyes:

dachay2tnr said:
Thanks. I may take you up on it if anything happens with this.

I tried to take advice once from a salesman I knew. He told me he used to spend a lot of time getting the customers to like him, and then he would threaten to commit suicide if they didn't buy from him. When I tried it, they said "try not to get any blood on the floor." :rolleyes:

Maybe that's the difference with me - I always ended up liking my customers and to this day still get Christmas cards from them even though I have moved on some years since :eek:

If you need any help, let me know - be pleased to try :)

It's Friday!
And I'm off again.It's been pretty slow and the boss has been encouraging people to take days off.Lucky for him I don't need much encouragement. :D

I will however be busy staining and sealing a new kitchen set and a bench for the sun room.Exciting,yes I know.

If you need any brainstorming help, let me know - be pleased to assist
I also would like to volunteer my services,here are a few suggestions.

Become drinking buddies with the boss.
Marry the boss's sister.
Get a picture of the boss in a compromising posistion.
Find a boss who's really,really desperate.
LIE!LIE!LIE,and LIE some more!

Salesmen
Although they are the natural sworn enemy of anybody who actually produces something :p ,it's not too bad at my shop.We have more of a team attitude at my shop where at the last place there were distinct lines between the field and office workers.Plus if someone screws up they admit it,strange and hard to believe,but it I swear it's true.

One time a sales man went to measure a job with twenty semi truck doors and he only measured one door,as it turned out that door was a different size than all the rest,two inches wider,we had to cut an inch off each end of every section of all the other doors.He was lucky the other doors weren't two inches wider. :eek:

I'll be back......

LATER!!!!!

acidrock said:
It's Friday!.
Salesmen
Although they are the natural sworn enemy of anybody who actually produces something :p ,it's not too bad at my shop.We have more of a team attitude at my shop where at the last place there were distinct lines between the field and office workers.Plus if someone screws up they admit it,strange and hard to believe,but it I swear it's true.

One time a sales man went to measure a job with twenty semi truck doors and he only measured one door,as it turned out that door was a different size than all the rest,two inches wider,we had to cut an inch off each end of every section of all the other doors.He was lucky the other doors weren't two inches wider. :eek:

Which reminds me.....of the time when we (wifey and me) were renovating a 100 year old country home and I had just installed 16 all non-standard, hand assembled,timber window frames which had been designed to take individual sealed glass units, each window having 32 sealed units. Anyway, the boss of the glazing company came round and measured them up and ordered 16x32 sealed units. When they arrived, they were all the wrong size - he had measured them incorrectly or written the dimensions down wrong. It was a good job he did the measuring and that he was the boss. :eek:

Studying all weekend for me but this evening, our daughter is coming back from college to perform tonight with a semi-pro band she has just auditioned for - I have to pick her up from the railway station this afternoon. And then we are going to watch her tonight at the venue. She has only got this afternoon to rehearse with the band :eek:

And yestreday she called to tell me that she had just got her songwriting marks for her song "My Friend" and had topped the class. Her tutor (a professional songwriter - Yak Bondy) wrote "You are a true professional-start to believe it." :) I don't know who is more pleased - her or me :rolleyes:

I am off work Monday and Tuesday on study leave and then have my exam on Wednesday. :( Its a struggle - but its my last one. :)

Sunny and warm here - keep safe guys:cool:

Back