DAW Users With ADD

Paul881 said:
Am really looking forward to Mike's version with the NY Philly orchestra ;)
The Philharmonic was booked. :( And I'm basically in the same boat as Guy. Without this being done to a click track, I'm pretty limited in what I can do to it - basically reverb settings/eq on the voice and changing the two instrument voicings - and none of these made that much of a difference. :o

dachay2tnr said:
Without this being done to a click track, I'm pretty limited in what I can do to it - basically reverb settings/eq on the voice and changing the two instrument voicings - and none of these made that much of a difference. :o
I've got some ideas,it's executing them that has be stumbling :( .Times like this I realise what seperates the real musicians from the weekend warriors.

Toaday's cash item was $100 to clean Becki's carpet in her bedroom after having an "accident" with some bronzing balls
I've just got to ask? :confused:

It would've been cheaper to rearrange the furniture so it covered the stain.

LATER!!!

dachay2tnr said:
Wouldn't that be team colours?? :p

Yeah, I know, kiss my arse. :D
I may speak American,but I spell in English. :D

BTW,I'm thinking your sensitivity to spelling errors is symptomatic of having too much time on your hands.Cut me some slack I'm a friggin' doorhanger,most of my coworkers don't even know how to turn on a computer much less spell and all those other fancy learnin' kind of things. :rolleyes:

No work
So my weekend just got extended. :cool: :rolleyes:

Global warming my ass
Winter storm warning today,it's snowing right now,and we've been colder than normal the last two weeks. :mad:

The Indians/Angels game drew 20,000 in Milwaukee,while the Brewers/Marlins drew 10,000 in Florida.

I'll be back......

LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slowrider said:
Does that mean I have to go back 300 pages to look at PICS? :eek:
God forbid, no, and if that is you in your Avatar then you are the best looking dude on this thread. :eek:

But that doesn't mean much :)

Thank God tomorrow is Friday,my six hour day of nothing but pussy work has got me needing a day off. :rolleyes:
Speaking of not working,Mike are you ever gonna getta job again?I really do think Paul has been a bad influence on you.

Music
Man do I suck! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I had five days off and everything I laid down sounded like total doo-doo.
I'm going to the basement and try and figure out what in the hell I was thinking.
I'm used to playing guitar and singing at the same time,for some reason it screws me up not doing both.I have the same problem with harmonica.

But then again,maybe it's the wearing of headphones.

Or maybe it's the red button.

Or maybe it's what happens when bad ideas meet no talent.

Oh well...

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Speaking of not working,Mike are you ever gonna getta job again?
I'm wondering that myself. :o

I guess the reality will set in as of June. At that point I go off the payroll at my old job - which not only means the paycheck stops, but I've also got to start to cover my own health insurance.

In the meantime, I have been doing some consulting work for them. So far I've just been banking whatever I earn for when the end comes. Not sure, however, how long that will continue - it's essentially just project to project. If it does continue, and IF there were a little more of it, I would seriously consider doing just that - which would sorta be like "semi-retirement."

Stay tuned. I might be hanging doors soon. :)

dachay2tnr said:
I'm wondering that myself. :o

I guess the reality will set in as of June. At that point I go off the payroll at my old job - which not only means the paycheck stops, but I've also got to start to cover my own health insurance.

In the meantime, I have been doing some consulting work for them. So far I've just been banking whatever I earn for when the end comes. Not sure, however, how long that will continue - it's essentially just project to project. If it does continue, and IF there were a little more of it, I would seriously consider doing just that - which would sorta be like "semi-retirement."

Stay tuned. I might be hanging doors soon. :)

And I might be joining you :eek: What with studying, exams around the corner, loads of stress at work, family health issues, daughters dropping bronzing balls on the carpet (Mike, since you asked, they are small balls of foundation wax that women dab on their face to make them look like bronzed goddesses. However, in our daughters case it make the carpet look a bloody mess :mad: ) and the latest disaster, a cracked kitchen sink that we cannot now use, I would like to sign up for a change of lifestyle immediately :cool:

Anyway, it's Friday and I don't care :D

It will all look much better later when I have a glass of something in my hand to drink ;)

Paul881 said:
and the latest disaster, a cracked kitchen sink that we cannot now use
Should I ask how the sink got cracked? :eek:

Anyway... HAPPY FRIDAY

I'll be joining you in a glass of something later today. First, we're going to the movies to see The Hoax, then it will be dinner out and some liquid refreshments. :D

dachay2tnr said:
Should I ask how the sink got cracked? :eek:

Anyway... HAPPY FRIDAY

I'll be joining you in a glass of something later today. First, we're going to the movies to see The Hoax, then it will be dinner out and some liquid refreshments. :D

Sink I have not got a clue how it got cracked...but...daughter is here. So I told the Insurance company my daughter dropped the breadboard in it and they have agreed to replace it.

Drink I have now polished off a bottle of Chablis so the world could end and I couldn't give a damn.

Games This is very embarrassing to admit, but...when I got my new graphics card, I also got a demo game...Call of Duty 2 set in WWII. Unbelievable. I got so addicted that I ordered it from Amazon. Of course, with the sound system we have in the DAW , it is amazing :cool:

I have never been a games freak but this has got me hooked :o It is true what they say about men...as we get older, we regress.

I am now 10 years old and regressing by the day. :D

acidrock said:
Thank God tomorrow is Friday,my six hour day of nothing but pussy work has got me needing a day off. :rolleyes:
Speaking of not working,Mike are you ever gonna getta job again?I really do think Paul has been a bad influence on you.

Music
Man do I suck! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I had five days off and everything I laid down sounded like total doo-doo.
I'm going to the basement and try and figure out what in the hell I was thinking.
I'm used to playing guitar and singing at the same time,for some reason it screws me up not doing both.I have the same problem with harmonica.

But then again,maybe it's the wearing of headphones.

Or maybe it's the red button.

Or maybe it's what happens when bad ideas meet no talent.

Oh well...

LATER!!!
Your music is pretty cool....better than what I record. ;)

Dogman said:
Your music is pretty cool....better than what I record. ;)

That's some mighty good beer you're drinking there Dogdude. :D :rolleyes:

I may try and make up for last weeks sins this weekend,or maybe I'll just throw more gas on the fire. :eek:

Work
There's talk of getting GPS systems on the trucks.This is becoming more pervasive due to decreasing prices in technology coupled with increasing prices for insurance and gas.
I think a few guys are in for wake up calls :rolleyes: .Out of about fifteen guys only five have their own personal trucks and only two have racks on them,mine being one,yet we all do sidework.You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.

In other work related news,a guy rolled his truck over and it landed upsidedown.The heavy duty rack kept the cab from getting crushed.As much as I feel sorry for him this raises the f##kup bar and gives all the rest of the guys a little breathing room when it comes to wearing the crown. ;)

Blah
Did I mention,it's a blah weekend?

LATER!!!

Paul881 said:
It is true what they say about men...as we get older, we regress.
Nah. But your dick gets smaller. :eek: :eek: :D

My daughter is taking me to look at wedding reception halls today. Heretofore I assumed my entire role in this affair would simply be to write the occasional check. Sixteen months away and already I'm involved in activities. :(

Back