• Yes I would do it

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No I think its silly

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I may do it if others decide to do it

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
How do we submit? PM you? Post here?

And then you'll compile the submissions into a new thread in April for voting?

Crow, April 4th is my birthday and my lady is planning a full day of "special activities".... Doubt I will be able to get on here that day lol

Last edited:
Ok, we had a snow day so I recorded this with my son. It was a good exercise.

Couple of things - the tune has always reminded me of a stalker/heartbreak song, despite its tempo. I never really liked the album version, but I always loved the Budokan (sp?) "live" version. Anyway, I did it more like a stalker song.

It sounds like it's underwater, it has no drums, and I'll save the rest of the disclaimers. This is my final submission, lol. Thanks to anybody who listens.

I'm so sick of that song. Even audiences are sick of that song. A friend who does a solo acoustic show sings it 'Brown Eyed Bitch' and the bar audience is even sick of that.

Couple of things - the tune has always reminded me of a stalker/heartbreak song, despite its tempo. I never really liked the album version, but I always loved the Budokan (sp?) "live" version. Anyway, I did it more like a stalker song.

It sounds like it's underwater, it has no drums, and I'll save the rest of the disclaimers. This is my final submission, lol. Thanks to anybody who listens.

I'm so liking this version!!

Chris, I really really like this! I think you should post it in its own thread so more people can hear it.

@chrisharris:

This is my first time ever hearing this song so I've got no reference point.
Your vocals jumped out too far when the well sung harmonies came in initially.
The solo tone with the heavy reverb/delay was very tasteful.
The low end is pretty fat and the playing is tight.

I can't say that I remember you posting here recently. You should post tunes!
Cherish that father/son bond, man. You guys have skills.

gecko zzed

Bruthish

RAMI;

Schwarzenyaeger

I appreciate the kind words a lot. I don't wanna' bump somebody off the front page just to post this song twice, mostly because I haven't posted here in a very long time. But it means a lot that you listened and commented. Thanks again and cover the song!

Haven't heard any of your stuff for years. Really nice. I liked your stuff back when. I like this one too. You're right about the underwater thing. It needs a de-esser in the worst way, too. You could put a shaker on this. I tried it, it works.

I read the 1st page but there were/are too many to wade through.
Is this a MIX contest as described in the OP or a RECORD a cover & MIX it contest?
Is record the song from the OP?
I really like Chris' recording but am confused.

I read the 1st page but there were/are too many to wade through.
Is this a MIX contest as described in the OP or a RECORD a cover & MIX it contest?

At this point, it's just a Chris Harris appreciation thread, which is fine with me. :D

Back