Contest Good or Bad?

• Yes I would do it

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No I think its silly

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I may do it if others decide to do it

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I'm EMPHATICALLY out - with both choices, lol.

Yeah, just for the record, I was talking about the Kansas tune. No way I can stomach listening to "Eye of the Tiger", let alone sing it.

"Wayward Son" is tolerable.

---------- Update ----------

Fucking site is acting up again. Took me about 5 tries to be able to log in and post.

Okay, trying to figure out bass and guitar.
Pardon the fret buzz, I'm practicing as I'm recording

View attachment Contest.mp3

One section in there (you'll hear it) I'm not sure what to do with. Any ideas you hear that could be keepers?

Yeah the website is being weird.

I'm not in on this one, sorry. Wayward son is much too big of a song for me at the moment, especially since I don't have a lot of the elements and a lot of other projects going on.

And Eye of the Tiger would have to be done in a really, really interesting way to be even listenable nowadays.

I figured it would be pretty tough. I did say the first one would be easier so others could join. So much for trying random. How about "brown eyed girl"? That one came up too in the list, and its originally acoustic and should be fairly simple.

I was on Classic Rock and that's what came up. also had The Eagles, Tome Petty, Ac/Dc, and CCR...go figure

You guys should do Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me." That song can be done straight, or gay. Big guitars or dobros and acoustics. Normal tempo or 3/4 speed. You can even go from major to minor to really fuck it up. That's a trainwreck I'd love to witness.

You guys should do Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me." That song can be done straight, or gay. Big guitars or dobros and acoustics. Normal tempo or 3/4 speed. You can even go from major to minor to really fuck it up. That's a trainwreck I'd love to witness.

That's a great one too. More popular than my Stones suggestion, too. I think both could be done differently and awesomely.

That's a great one too. More popular than my Stones suggestion, too. I think both could be done differently and awesomely.

I think Whip is a perfectly good choice - my only issue is that it's basically a 2 chord song that's like 5 minutes long, and if you change tempo much, it's going to push it into REALLY LONG territory. As only a moderate Stones fan, I always wondered why they put that song and Shattered on the same album. They sound really similar to me.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to record "Poncho & Lefty" as if it was being performed by Social Distortion. That's probably fucked up.

I think Whip is a perfectly good choice - my only issue is that it's basically a 2 chord song that's like 5 minutes long, and if you change tempo much, it's going to push it into REALLY LONG territory. As only a moderate Stones fan, I always wondered why they put that song and Shattered on the same album. They sound really similar to me.
Funny, I never thought they sounded the same. "Whip" and "Respectable" are very similar to me.

I see your point about the 2 chords, but that's sort of why I thought more people might do something with it.

(...as a side note, I just played that album on Youtube and discovered that there's a "deluxe" version that I never knew about. I just heard about 12 Stones I never heard before and it was like the Stones lost country-rock album. It was actually pretty damn good.)

I think it should be Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights. Just imagine how awesome Greg's punk version would be!!!!!

Funny, I never thought they sounded the same. "Whip" and "Respectable" are very similar to me.

You are absolutely correct, I assume. When it comes to the Stones, I confess to being like a shitty music critiquer claiming that "all blues sounds the same." I'm not a fan of the blues, so it does sound the same to me. I love Exile on Mainstreet. The remainder of their catalog sounds like the same song to me, but I realize they are revered and I'm shit.

as a side note, I just played that album on Youtube and discovered that there's a "deluxe" version that I never knew about. I just heard about 12 Stones I never heard before and it was like the Stones lost country-rock album. It was actually pretty damn good.)

*thumbsup*

Cheap Trick would be fun. That Surrender song.

I don't think Rami should be allowed to do any Stone's song. He's got them down pretty good.
I hate you, man. :mad:

I don't think Rami should be allowed to do any Stone's song. He's got them down pretty good. I hate you, man. :mad:
Lol. I actually wouldn't have entered only because this is about doing the song totally differently, if I understand correctly, and I'd be too tempted to try to do it as close to the original as I could. It would be tearing me apart and I'd end up doing some mutant version of sort of a different version and a sort of close to the original version.:D

But I thought it would be cool to hear other people doing it as wacky as possible.

Back