Tascam Midistudio 644 PSU DIY

vladosh

Hello folks this is my first post here , i got an old Tascam 644 Midistudio but without a PSU , i have built a few PSU's already for other audio equipment and i want to get my Tascam working but i can not find anywhere on the web info on the pin alignment , it's a four pin input on the rear of the Midistudio meant for it's dedicated PSU ( : : ) , i need to know simply the voltages required and the alignment ,please help , i wrote on every possible diy audio forum and no one replied ,so before seeking a fault in it first i want to know if it's maybe even working properly , i really want to get it working ,i've been building audio equipment for a while now i think maybe i can manage it ,if it's just a PSU , Thank you .
Vladko

[ +10 - 10 ]
[ Grd + 7 AC? ]

is this it ? i don't want to plug in anything into before getting some info , it's the Tascam PS-M1 power supply , i don't need the service manual simply the voltage and the alignment ,thank you , this has become a quest .. " too many secrets " :D ,saw someone already posted on this forum regarding the PS-M1 PSU ,anyone with a tascam 644 willing to just measure what's going into it ? Thanks .

Found this info:

TASCAM
AC Adaptor
MODEL NO. PS-M1

Input: AC120V 60Hz 30W
Output: DC+10V 1000mA
DC-10V 1000mA
DC+7V 10mA

I've found no pictures nor done any hands-on testing yet.

Thanks ,i'll look for more info on this one , i just need to know the alignment on those pins in the input so i can test it if it's working ,i wrote tascam few times already but no answer ,thanks ,cheers .

Thank you a reel person , i think you don't even have to break it out of the box if you have a DMM you can simply measure the voltages on the PS -M1 itself from the outside ,should be doable ,power consumption is good info so thank you ,i assumed it should not be more then 50W

Yeah, but...

my entire 644 w/PSU is in a box, in the closet. I was planning on getting it out to run it thru it's paces at some future time, perhaps to decide whether to sell it or not. As yet TBD. When I get it out, I'll surely test the voltages at the pins.
:spank::eek:;)

It would be great if you look it up ,anytime ..
wanna fix it even just to listen music on it ,i grew up with cassettes and i want it ,the mixer alone looks great ,i posted on all forums i saw on audio or diy ,no one has replied with some info ..i even wrote tascam (few) times ,thanks for all the info so far ,cheers .

I finally got a reply from Tascam ,they sent me a diagram with the pins ,there is one thing that is simply described as AC Signal ..so i need to figure that one out ...

Back