Tascam.com: I KNEW it

What a bunch of miserable cock sucking, bastards!:mad:

This is what I wrote to them today;

Gentlemen,

I have patiently waited over 2 months for your forums to come back on line and now when I visit your site, it would appear that you have abandoned the forums and done so in a most un-professional manor, insulting and angering the thousands of customers who relied on this BBS to seek help for using your gear.

I had come to rely on that BBS and now it would seem the thousands of posts with highly useful information has been thrown in the garbage and to those that helped to post some of it, a slap in the face for all their help they offered for free to many people who, with their help, served to create additional sales for your company.

I would love to know what plans you have to correct this issue and what possible explanation you can offer to explain this abandonment of 1000's of your customers.

This letter will be copied and sent to all available news sources that will post it as many like myself are awaiting an answer from your company and to date have been stone walled by your silence on this matter.

Jeff P
aka, thefontmeister on your forum.

Ghost,
Not only am I pleased you so eloquently captured the amazement, resentment and frustration of perhaps thousands... I'm also glad you delivered them!

Good deal.
:)

OMG! And they have the nerve to put "...Reliable gear since 1973."!!! The gear and people that made them that they've turned their back on!!!!

Bastards!

Everyone should discard their Tascam gear in protest. Send it to me and I will see that it is properly disposed of.

;)

i emailed them as well....a LENGTHY letter. this is not the same company that endeared itself to me a few years ago. they are losing a few "Tascam enthusiasts" to be sure. best of luck to them. they may need it.

p.s. i still like my 246, though.:D

I don't believe it!!

They actually wrote back to me!!

Here is what they said regarding the many concerns I raised with them!!
Currently, TASCAM is planning a complete re-design of our website. The new site is scheduled to be available in early October and we look forward to seeing you then.

:mad:

A form generated, non human response is all they can muster.

The Ghost of FM said:

A form generated, non human response is all they can muster.

that really doesn't suprise me. and what a shame it is. a company that GREW to prominence based on the outstanding quality of it's products that were GEARED toward HOME STUDIO ENTHUSIASTS offers this "apparent" sequel to the outstanding 788:

sxl1-right.gif

i can just see 788 owners LINING UP to buy one of those bloaty behemoths....:D :mad:

if i might quote Jerry Seinfeld:
"Good luck with ALL THAT".

The Ghost of FM said:
What a bunch of miserable cock sucking, bastards!:mad:

This is what I wrote to them today;

Gentlemen,

I have patiently waited over 2 months for your forums to come back on line and now when I visit your site, it would appear that you have abandoned the forums and done so in a most un-professional manor, insulting and angering the thousands of customers who relied on this BBS to seek help for using your gear.

I had come to rely on that BBS and now it would seem the thousands of posts with highly useful information has been thrown in the garbage and to those that helped to post some of it, a slap in the face for all their help they offered for free to many people who, with their help, served to create additional sales for your company.

I would love to know what plans you have to correct this issue and what possible explanation you can offer to explain this abandonment of 1000's of your customers.

This letter will be copied and sent to all available news sources that will post it as many like myself are awaiting an answer from your company and to date have been stone walled by your silence on this matter.

Jeff P
aka, thefontmeister on your forum.

Good work Jeff! Now I wonder if you included the following, would they still generate that automated response you received ?
What a bunch of miserable cock sucking, bastards!
LOL!! That'd be funny as hell! Yeah, nice going Jeff .. Good letter! Would you mind if I used your letter and actually snail mailed it to TASCAM (stamp and all) ? I think that would get their attention better than email. Anyone know who the head assho .... I mean the head guy is at TASCAM ?

Daniel

Also, what moron designed this "new and improved" TASCAM site ? It looks (and navigates) horrible! :mad: It's enough to make ya wanna heave! Damn ... I almost lost my cookies on that one .. Did you see the colors they used and the overall design ? They even screwed up with matching some of the cassette multitrackers to the appropriate model number!!! I think I'm gonna blow my chunks .... here we go .............

Daniel

I mean, I'm all for change but these guys are simply incompetent! Ok, rant over ......

Daniel

I wrote to tascams new contact page:

Where the hell has the forum gone?? I only bought my tascam after getting advice from it. Cutting off Tascams user's place to interact and we'll go our seperate ways. Maybe even to Fostex.

It would be nice if they could at least archive it somewhere. Even that would be useful as most of the time a simple search would answer my questions.

I doubt that'll happen. :(

Re: Archives

Derek Verner said:
Too many of us analog fans dissed them for going digital, that they probably thought it was bad for business.

I agree.

~Daniel

Mark7 said:
:eek:

SLAP

Pull yourself together man :mad:

All said in the heat of the moment.

I aint never gonna go to fostex! But it is frustrating. That forum was a lifeline to my tascam questions.

Mark - where in leics u from? Im from loughborough.

Back