Tascam 32 2 track reel to reel

Krakit

Rzzzzz!
I'm considering selling my Tascam 32 2 track reel to reel.

It's never been out of the box. Well, that's not exactly true, I took it out when I bought it years ago to make sure that everything worked, then put it back in the box.

The idea was that when my studio was finally together that I would master to this unit.

However, I don't think I'll be going analog at all when I am ready, so I've got an unused Tascam 32 that is years old but for all intents and purposed, never taken out of the box.

What should I expect to get for such a unit?

Anyone know?

Carl

On E-bay, they go for 2 to 3 bills.

It's too bad TASCAM never put on an odometer like Studer did so that you could readily and easily prove that it is a low mileage unit.

Cheers! :)

Well, no one ever said that buying recording equipment was a viable alternative to stock and bonds!

Sorry, Dude.

I have a TASCAM MS-16 with all the options, fully decked out! When it was new, it retailed for close to 20k here in Toronto. I paid 3.5K for it, used, 6 years ago. Now I see them on E-bay for 1.5 - 2K in American currency.

That's life.:(

All the vintage analog gear IS droping like crazy, so like $300 now, BUT vintage in the box mint in a few years from now MIGHT be another story. (Museum quality??)

It might be worth it to just keep it. Who knows?

:)

Buy as much nice old analog stuff as you can and sit on it.....the digital backlash/analog revival is comming soon....

...to studios everywhere.

jake-owa said:
Buy as much nice old analog stuff as you can and sit on it.....the digital backlash/analog revival is comming soon....

hahaha like your talking about a war :P

jake-owa said:

That's what they said about all this Condfederate money I saved.

muttley said:
:cool: See your P/M Krakit.

da MUTT

I'm not sure I want to sell it yet.

For only $200 I'm pretty sure I won't sell it. I think I could get more than$200 worth of use out of a brand new never used Tascam 32 myself.

Carl

Sure, keep it. Maybe instead of mastering to it, you could use it for live-to-stereo

recordings of bands and jam sessions, if the opportunity presents itself. The 32's still reasonably portable, and can record directly off mics with 1/4" plugs. 'Cept you knew that!;)

The 32 would also make for an excellent Digital Space Heater!

What is a Digital Space Heater?

On any digital tracks that you wish to warm up, run your track through the 32, keep the output on Repro with tape rolling in the record mode and fold it back into the digital recording medium of your choice. Once back in the digital realm, re-sync the track so it is in time with the rest of the other tracks and, Voilà! Analog warmth.

You can re-use the same tape hundreds of times and probably find this trick useful for fattening up drum tracks, vocals and many other natural instruments that benefit from analog tracking. Just make sure your recording without any noise reduction and with a healthy level printing to tape for the desired saturation effect you are wanting to achieve.

Cheers! :)

Aloha said:
So if you decided to sell it, how much would you want for it?

I would like $300 (plus shipping) for it.

I think that it would make someone very happy at that price.

Carl

I'm pondering buying one right now that sounds like it is pretty similar to yours. Condition, date of manufacter, etc...
If the deal dosn't go through I might be interested in yours.
Got any pictures?

Back