Tascam 32 2 track reel to reel

Aloha said:
I'm pondering buying one right now that sounds like it is pretty similar to yours. Condition, date of manufacter, etc...
If the deal dosn't go through I might be interested in yours.
Got any pictures?

I'll be snapping a few (for eBay purposes) shortly.

It is in the original box with foam inserts, all the paperwork is included (manuals, schematics, registration form all also mint).

I'll be giving it a thorough once over to make sure it all works.

Carl

Here are some awful pictures that I took of it. I'll take better ones when I auction it off.

Carl

Attachments

• tascbox.jpg
    tascbox.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 284
One more

It is as I have said. It was dusty as hell (don't know why, it was in a box) but that wiped off with no problem at all. I'll clean the heads as soon as I get some isaprope. Then I'll make sure that everything functions as it should.

Carl

Attachments

• tasc2.jpg
    tasc2.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 191
Carl-Krakit, that's a beautiful mint-in-box 32!

Are you sure you want to get rid of it, at pennies on the dollar?

I have one, and it's a heck of a nice deck. Although some may think it's added & unnecessary equipment, in this day of digital-everything, that's a heck of a nice unit that I'd hold on to, or maybe get a second one if the feeling struck me!

It's a great master/mixdown deck, and would also be loads of fun for recording live-to-2-track, live-in-studio stereo recordings. The sound quality cannot be criticized, and it's just plain cool, & a bit nostalgic, to see those large reels spinning away!

Oh well, I have mine, and I don't want to tell you what a shamelessly LOW price I got it for, however, I did have to replace one of the dual-stacked level pots, because of damage, so that was a small added cost,... but for the money I paid, you simply cannot beat it!

IMO, something like the Tascam 32 brings the fun back to authentic tape recording sessions. Looks really cool, too.

Dude, you know that's an expensive-as-hell deck, originally, so I don't know why you'd want to let it go!?!?!

;) ;) ;)

I still have this thing and I still want to get rid of it.

Here's what I am willing to do.

I will swap this thing, straight up for a fully functional Roland MKS-70. That's what I intend to buy with the proceeds anyway.

So, if anyone has an MKS-70 lying around and want to work out a trade, I'm up for it.

LMK

Carl

Krakit said:
What should I expect to get for such a unit?

If it's any indication, I've sold a NEW-IN-BOX TASCAM 34B last year for over $1000 USD but seen one, also NIB, go for half that the year before. I feel that if you have a very well presented eBay auction with clear pictures then you may get $500 - $1000 USD for the 32. Perhaps more, if the right individual is bidding and if your 32, box and all accessories are mint. Presentation and QUALITY picts are the KEY to getting good bucks.

OH SHIT! I just realized I'm replying to an old thread! :eek:

~Daniel

That's okay, the status of this toy is unchanged. I still have it. I still don't want it.

:D

Carl

Back