Cubase SX Problem!

P Stew

aight so i just got Cubase SX an i was going to record today with my Emu 1820 an Shure KSM 27...an when i started recording it was all good....but then when i played it back it was mad off beat an late and shit...an i've done it over an over an same shit happening...So then i recorded on Cool Edit an everything was fine....does anybody know anything that could be causing this problem?

Pretty damn strange....Unless your backing track is suffering from latency and thats throwing your cues...

oh god.... :rolleyes: i'll explain tomorrow when I've more time, run a search for it in the forums. Basically its a delay in monitoring...it probably doesn't apply in your case...Its the delay between when you play a note and hear it back after being processed.

go into the device settings menu and under vst there should be a driver menu. make sure you are using the driving for your soundcard and not some windows driver or something.

sorry i took so long to get back to this...but how could i tell if im recording in loop mode? or with internal effects?

I've dropped a sh*tload of $$$ on stuff for my studio and I've found that EVERY piece of gear or s/w I buy I ALWAYS sit down with the docs for a review...

Doesn't anyone RTFM anymore?

vaultstudio said:
I've dropped a sh*tload of $$$ on stuff for my studio and I've found that EVERY piece of gear or s/w I buy I ALWAYS sit down with the docs for a review...

yeah sorry to say that this looks suspect.

vaultstudio said:

I'm like you - in fact, to me the reading of the manual actually heightens my anticipation....

But most people now are not willing to put time and effort into anything - the want results NOW! Especially when they don't pay for it.

FTFM??? Are you kidding? You're lucky if they even put in the time and effort to read and digest your response...... :rolleyes:

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
go into the device settings menu and under vst there should be a driver menu. make sure you are using the driving for your soundcard and not some windows driver or something.

I would bet on this suggestion being correct. I had a similar problem a while back. For some reason, the driver had defaulted back to a Windows Asio driver instead of the one on my MOTU. I final checked back and realized what had happened, and things started working fine again.

Back