Reaper vs. N-track

EQ was always my biggest bitch about N-track (version 3.x).

You had to add "buttons" for each freq. you wanted to add, and after a certain point, it begins piling the "buttons" on top of each other, so you have to slide them to see them... BLEH!!!

I need to take out another loan!
Buy some PA cabs, a new mic, a new pedal AND REAPER!!! :D

Well I have been using N-Track since it was a free program..... and it would cause my computer to freak out if I had more then a few tracks going at the same time..... I then watched how N was doing over the next few years and then finally bought version 3.x and it was not too bad... but never upgraded and watched the complaints mount with each new version..... I found reaper by accident and as bubbagump said... I never looked back... I just love the whole feel of the software and how it is produced... I almost feel like part of a family of people that enjoy a grass roots project.... Not only can you use the software without registering it only costs a few bucks to register.... which when you do makes you feel that you are contributing to something bigger then the sum of all parts.... does this make me a reaper Fan Boy...... Hell to the yea.... LOL

sLY

Toker41 said:
Delta 1010. I can't believe there isn't an EQ right on each track. Pretty basic feature to be missing.

Its not "missing". REAPER kind of set up early as a tape/console/patchbay

patchbay

patchbay

oh and patchbay

Its meant kind of ala carte, you stick in whatever you want. You can make a default track chain that loads with every track if you want to though..pick any set of fx you want (even chose whether they are bypassed by default as well!) and any initial settings, and itll pop up with every new track.

REAPER is meant to be as personal and customizable as possible, and as such, can take a bit to set up, but with great power comes great responsibility. Justin has truly given you soldering irons, screwdrivers and patchbays in REAPER and you are free to strip the ends of any cables youd like and connect them in real world ways.

See my videos for some tricks on setting up track fx chains

i don't know if REAPER is as good for curing erectile disfunction,

Man, I wouldn't be suprised if it did though, REAPER is amazing. I recorded my entire 1st album with the free version, then bought the VERSION 1.0, even though it was pretty much the same thing, just to support them.

Eq

There is a built in EQ in REAPER that requires no knobs at all. Its called "mic placement".

Ive been bent on recording all analog for as long as i can remember. But since i checked out REAPER i have decided to use digital recording with very analog and vintage sounding mics, preamps, effects. I love the program and its just easier for a person trying to do all instruments and recordings by themselves while having to go to a day job and all that.

Man, I wouldn't be suprised if it did though, REAPER is amazing. I recorded my entire 1st album with the free version, then bought the VERSION 1.0, even though it was pretty much the same thing, just to support them.

Dude! Very Clean.... Nice stuff

Good Luck!

REAPER was designed by people who actually have to use the app for a living, and as such take a different approach to workflow.

For instance, and just one instance, REAPER was designed from the start with sidechaining in mind, something that for old school engineers was INFURIATINGLY ignored by other developers despite ten years and more of constant pleading by their userbase.

The routing is EVERYTHING a patchbay could do, plus gain/phase/pan/level and unlimited y-chording. Series and parallel routing chains could be created as long as you could think them up.

Even small things like REAPER's ability to break the standard stereo lock so many apps have on their inputs, outputs and sends

ReaRoute for sending and recieving audio from ANY ASIO app.

As far as I can tell, there is no Reaper for Mac, or at least there is only a beta version that, frankly, has a god awful interface. I am looking to get into interface to Mac recording (currently run outboard everything but I am moving to a significantly smaller apartment), and I'd like to find a piece of decent software that won't cost me 500 bucks. Just curious if there's anything else out there, or if they ever plan to make that Mac REAPER any better...

i'm loving the build-in plugins that come with REAPER these days, especially the DrumTrigger and ReaSamplomatic or whatever it's called, and also the Event Horizon 2 limiter. awesome stuff. even ReaTune is pretty sweet for pitch correction. now i don't have to buy Drumagog or autotune.

As far as I can tell, there is no Reaper for Mac, or at least there is only a beta version that, frankly, has a god awful interface. I am looking to get into interface to Mac recording (currently run outboard everything but I am moving to a significantly smaller apartment), and I'd like to find a piece of decent software that won't cost me 500 bucks. Just curious if there's anything else out there, or if they ever plan to make that Mac REAPER any better...

The Mac version should be on par with the PC version sometime before summer is out, I believe. As for the GUI, would you like ALL the development time to be spent there (like most of the other manufacturers who still dont have BASIC audio functions like sidechains after ten years) or on the actual audio stuff?

Of course you can have both! White Tie has been kicking SERIOUS ass lately. See the following pics for more

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8350&highlight=white

I dlled Reaper, and man, it's good. The EQ, reverbs, even some head-cab plugins, all good!!!
(since Reaper takes a crapload of different plugins I've hunted down a bunch of'em)
I've kinda hated tweaking shit wit a computer, but now actually fiddling around for fun.:cool:

Ah, see - I downloaded Reaper for Mac when the interface had barely been worked on... it looked like almost nothing had been added beyond a timeline and the basic layout for each track. The new shots look like the actual software, hehe

Back