Various Audition Problems

osiris

Hey everyone, we are having quite a few problems with audition 2.0 and 3.0. This is at a radio station with different problems ocuring on different computers with different hardware configurations.

1. Audition 2.0- Crashes immediately after launch... message: Runtime Error! Program C:...audition.exe R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call. We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (including drivers) with no success. Tech support has not been very helpful. We were running it with a digi '02 without trouble for sometime before.

2. Audition 3.0- in edit view meters show stereo levels until record is engaged at which point the channels are summed and recording in mono. We can't record in stereo in the edit view- multitrack view is fine. also using digi '02.

3. Audition 2.0- unable to open cd project view. the icon appears as normal on the tool bar but nothing happens when you click on it. Tried selecting it from the window/ workspaces pulldown window with the same problem. Multitrack and edit views function normally.

Any ideas?

if I was using Adobe in a radio station, I would ensure that it was 1.5!! (but hey, that's just me!)
Have you tried uninstalling all of your versions, restarted, then tried just the version 2.0?
Honestly, these program (except for AA3!..LOL!) are amongst the easiest installations/setups in the world.

What are you doing with this software?...how are you planning to use it/for what?...just interested...
Cheers...
Spit.

We purchased 2.0 because of its compatability with digidesign hardware- otherwise 1.5 works fine. I left out an important part- this happened (Audition crashing) after I attempted to instal pro-tools along with the drivers on the disk. When I realized there was a problem, I uninstaled everything (pro-tools, drivers, all versions of audition) and reinstalled audition and digidesign drivers from the website... same problem. I don't think I tried installing 2.0 by itself. I'll give that a shot today.

Audition is our primary production tool. Its great for editing and preparing audio for air. Its just really simple and easy to use.

Thanks!

We are a public radio station and we have quite a few music acts coming through our studio (we have a full recording studio). We wanted the ability to use protools mainly because its a good skill to pass on to our interns and volunteers. Its KUNM in Albuquerque NM btw... kunm.org

Wow, your station must be getting some weighty grants and listener pledges to be able to afford ProTools <snicker>

Rock away!

Is there any reason you don't record in Multi-Track View? You can set up stereo recording as a default, record in MTV, then F12 to EV and work on it there...at least that's the way I've done it in 1.5 (I have 2.0, but I abandoned it because the .ses files weren't compatible with Cool Edit Pro -- and I was sending multi track recordings to friends who had never upgraded. Another issue was that mixdown is so much more intuitive in the older versions, as is the hardware setup protocol).

Back