Zoom MRS 1266 to Fostex vf160 - possible?

glynb

Balladeer
My friend has a Zoom MRS 1266 multitracker. He lives in Germany and I'm going to visit, whilst there we plan to work on a song together.

The p[lanb would be to get basic tracks completed then I'll finish the job at home on the vf160.

So the question is can I export from his Zoom
MRS 1266 and import the song to my vf160 for completion/mixing at home?

Anyone know both machines? What are the file formats?

Ideas?

I believe the Zoom will save songs in the wav format, so this is one possibility. Though I don't know if all wav files are the same. Perhaps another possibility is to export the Zoom wav to a PC, then convert to the type of wav file you know will work on the VF160. The Zoom uses some stereo pairs, but I don't think this should be a major stumblingblock.

billisa said:
I believe the Zoom will save songs in the wav format, so this is one possibility. Though I don't know if all wav files are the same. Perhaps another possibility is to export the Zoom wav to a PC, then convert to the type of wav file you know will work on the VF160. The Zoom uses some stereo pairs, but I don't think this should be a major stumblingblock.

Thanks.
I've never exported or imported WAVs. How does it work. Do I record each individual track in turn to a CDRW, end up with say 16 CDRWs (one for each track) then set about importing each one separeately? or do i just do a backup of all tracks but in a WAV format instead of fostex format?

Excuse my ignorance!

glynb said:
Thanks.
I've never exported or imported WAVs. How does it work. ... do i just do a backup of all tracks but in a WAV format instead of fostex format?

Excuse my ignorance!

Yes, just do a wav backup instead of the FDMS-3... To load, just put the CD in and go to LOAD Program... Still, I don't know if the way the Zoom saves wav files is compatible with the way the Fostex wants to read them...

Back