Zoom HD16CD Question

taurus

I have a Zoom HD16CD and I was wondering if I could use the Stereo sub out to send sound to my powered mixer? I know they say I can use it as an extra headphone jack so I would think I could but I have seen what happens when you send power into a powered mixer :eek:

I have a Zoom HD16CD and I was wondering if I could use the Stereo sub out to send sound to my powered mixer? I know they say I can use it as an extra headphone jack so I would think I could but I have seen what happens when you send power into a powered mixer :eek:

You wouldn't be sending 'power into a powered mixer :eek:'.

You would be sending a line level signal into a powered mixer and that's what all mixers, powered or not, excel at handling.

Last edited:
Can' t choose Individual Tracks to send to SUB OUT

Hi Everyone!,

I have a Zoom HD16 Hard Disk recording studio.

The serial number is;" 008337".
The software installed is; "Version 1.10"

What we trying to do is select tracks 7-8 for the "SUB SEND" output, and turn off tracks 1 through 6 for the "SUB SEND" output.

The goal here is to have "ONLY TRACKS 7-8" playing through the "SUB SEND OUTPUT" when using the "EIGHT TRACKS AT ONCE" recording mode.

The reason we want to do this is because the vocalist uses tracks 7-8 and we want to send her voice to the PA system so that we can AMPLIFY her so that she can be heard in real time during the recording,

and we don' t want the other instruments in the PA.

Here's the problem, when following the instructions in the manual (ON PAGE 82),
no matter what we do,
we can not get the screen that says; "MASTER SUB SND On",
or
"Track1 SUB SND LVL=0" to appear.

What we DO GET is a screen that says; "Input1 SUB SEND Master".

We've tried to use the "Jog wheel" and "Curser ENTER" button to pull up "Track1 SUB SEND LVL=0" as per "Step 6, but when we do this, nothing happens, it just stays on "Input SUB SEND Master"

Please help, as we have NO IDEA how to proceed,

I know that the instruction manual leaves alot to be desired, I was unsuccessful in recording in the "Eight tracks at once" mode when going by the manual as well, I ended up figuring out what I was doing wrong by trial and error, as the manual left one step out, but by omitting this, the unit will not record, so it was a very critical "goof up" in the manual.

Back