Your top 10 Metal albums of the 80's

I will say one thing about Accept: I thought it was cool that they listed all gear used on every song on the album credits. The spelled out exactly what guitars, amps, etc were used on every cut.... at least they did on Metal Heart.
Never could get into the tone of the lead singer's voice. What was his name? Little short blond guy...

got mojo?
www.voodoovibe.com

King Metallica Slayer Testament Anthrax

King Diamond- Fatal Portrait
King Diamond-Abigail
King Diamond-Them
Mercyful Fate-Don't Break The Oath

And i didn't think anyone here listened to this stuff. King Diamond and Fate are my two favorite bands. King is the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metallica-Ride The Lightening
Metallica-Master Of Puppets
Metallica-And Justice For All

In my opinion, these are the 3 best metal albums of that time period...maybe EVER!!!

Slayer-South Of Heaven
Dave Lombardo played brilliantly on this one!!

I have a ton of bands that i tyhink ruledcome the 1990, but i can't list them

How about:
Exciter: Violence and Force
Manowar: Hail To England
Manowar: Battle Hymns
Manowar: Sign of the Hammer
Saxon: Power and the Glory
Kiss: Creatures Of The Night
Stryper: Soldiers Under Command
Metallica: Kill Em All
Scorpions: Animal Magnetism
Iron Maiden: Iron Maiden & Killers
Scorpions: Love at First Sting
Judas Priest: Defenders Of The Faith

Finally, someone mentioned Saxon. Damn, they rocked. Power & the Glory was a great album... I like Crusader better, though...

Speaking of King Diamond...his new album The Puppet Master is pretty damn good. I'll be seeing his show next friday, and I can't wait. :)

Dimebag said:
Finally, someone mentioned Saxon. Damn, they rocked. Power & the Glory was a great album... I like Crusader better, though...

In my original post that started this thread I put Saxon's Denim and Leather in my top 10

cellardweller said:
I think I'm the only one who loved Black Sabbath "Born Evil" with Ian what's-his-name (Gillian?) from Deep Purple... I just bought it on Cd not too long ago...

"Born Again" is a hugely underrated masterpiece. "Trashed" is "Highway Star" gone terribly wrong, and "Zero the Hero" has that monolith riff from hell that was later stolen to much less effect with Gnr's "Paradise City". Plus there is that blasphemous (for the time) cover art that always makes me bring out VH's 1984 to compare the babies on the front.

Sabbath, in all their forms, had that signature sound of pure subconcious evil permeating through their catalog, and this was no exception.

Works wonders drowning out Tina Turner and Whitney Houston playing in the car next to you at the intersection.

Cy

gotta go with master of puppets for #1.

i would say back in black for #2, but i never considered AC/DC metal...

is that silly?
am i the only one?

lotuscent said:
gotta go with master of puppets for #1.

i would say back in black for #2, but i never considered AC/DC metal...

is that silly?
am i the only one?

I don't consider Van Halen as metal, just good ol' rock.

Back