Xp Sp3?

Nothing wrong with it... So go ahead upgrade... But if you're curious to what you're upgrading to they give a list on the Microsoft website...

I have no idea about audio glitches. Its probably fine.

When I work we have stopped pushing out SP3 due to two issues. First, printing problems with some (fairly obscure) applications. Second, problems getting remote control applications (including Remote Desktop) to work properly.

But for a stand alone computer in a recording application, you should be fine. And if need be you can remove it.

I've seen this question a lot and I often wonder why people that are not currently suffering from a problem with XP/SP1/SP2, why they would even bother upgrading. If it's stable, don't dick it up!

I've seen this question a lot and I often wonder why people that are not currently suffering from a problem with XP/SP1/SP2, why they would even bother upgrading. If it's stable, don't dick it up!

Security upgrade, 10% performance increase over SP2 on lesser machines.

According to whom?

From the numerous sources I've read, only certain programs, mostly office related software demonstrate any significant performance boost. I would like to know if this is not the case after all?

Back