xlr cables and microhone stands

Lauren

hi,
i'm new, it seems you have a good community here with useful advice!

I was just wondering whether there are specific makes of xlr cables which are highly recommended or is it just best to get the best you can afford.

also having just bought a Studio Projects C1 we need a stand for our studio, what is the best stand to use for a condensor mic, a boom or straight? or does it not matter particularly? and again, are there any specific recommendations anybody has for a decent stand to buy on a budget.

any advice would be much appreciated
thank you
Lauren
:)

Lauren said:
also having just bought a Studio Projects C1 we need a stand for our studio, what is the best stand to use for a condensor mic, a boom or straight? or does it not matter particularly? and again, are there any specific recommendations anybody has for a decent stand to buy on a budget.

You'll want a boom stand. I like the Tama stands, they are about $40.

Lauren said:
hi,
i'm new, it seems you have a good community here with useful advice!

I was just wondering whether there are specific makes of xlr cables which are highly recommended or is it just best to get the best you can afford.

any advice would be much appreciated
thank you
Lauren
:)

As for xlr cables, I have heard very good things about the BLUE cables. Plus, they are sexy and affordable. I personally use Monster P-500 cables, but they are a bit more expensive (and Monster has employed some shady business practices as of late). Another respected cable company is Mogami.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/338710/

Boom Stands

For the minimal difference in price, they're a hundred times more versatile! Don't think twice - boom stands!
Don't have any useful personal advice other than that - shockmounts for the condensers (I don't have 'em yet - am still lusting over LDC tubes, and own dynamics), pop filters for the plosives, good cables.
Oh yeah, and once it's set up, have fun. :D

Back