wuhan china cymbals

Yeah. I think so. It depends on what you're playing, natch. You wouldn't use a jazzy archtop guitar to play death metal, so...That doesn't mean that these are jazz cymbals necessarily, they just have a unique sound - like any cymbal, it has a unique sonic thumbprint. (Paistes sound like Paistes, Meinls sound like Meinls, and Wuhans sound, I guess, a bit chinese?) I have several: an 18" medium crash, a 20" medium ride, and 14" high hats. I USE the TRADITIONAL SERIES, however. I haven't heard the "shiny" S series, and am wary of any polished cymbal. Stick with the simplest recipe, I say. Check out this site for prices and sizes (Jim Casey's Vermont Drums)
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/vermontdrums/wuhantraditional.html :D

Another thing about the Wu's. I use Zildjians most of the time, but I use the Wuhans on a smaller GO-GO kit (the genre NOT the band GO-GO's) and they sound great. Again they're so freakin cheap you can experiment. I like to use the 12" china and 12" splash stacked as hi-hats. They sound f***ed up and trashy, spitting out a hot, angry bark when punched. It all depends on how you play them. I'm not sure they're what I'd play as my main brass, but they're cool additions to the sonic palette. :D

Hmm. I've always been curious.. I just never went out and got them. Are they ridiculously thin? Or do they have about as much beef as a Zildjian or Sabian?

Back