WTF is this?

We were joking about this a while back - hadn't realised people actually do it. It might not be such a bad way of getting some backup or utility mics for cheap.

If the price ever drops under $100 each for a group buy, I'd be pretty interested...even if it's not the best sounding mic ever, a good effect mic for under $100 would be pretty nice

Mics from the bulk order at Tapeop will be $218.- per pair (you're only allowed to order a pair). Thought you might wanna know.

How do you get in on the TapeOp deal? (I just got this month's issue...and my roommate promptly grabbed it. Is it in that?)

ez_willis said:
I don't know, I'm leary about sellers not accepting Paypal, especially with a couple of negative feedbacks is the past 6 months, and the nature of the feedback complaints. Also, the last 8 items sold was some Pokemon marbles and budget items. Just my opinion though.
I don't know about leary, but I can tell you that I don't want the hassle of sending a money order or cashier's check. I don't understand why anyone would not want to use paypal, but hey it's their business.

Stupid question but what is a "High Velocity Ribbon"?

Is there such a thing as a Low Velocity Ribbon???

Dracon said:
I don't understand why anyone would not want to use paypal, but hey it's their business.
Because PayPal has significant fees.

Its my preferred payment, though, coz its SO easy. No need to go to the band or post office ... all you need is go online :D

Giganova said:

Its my preferred payment, though, coz its SO easy. No need to go to the band or post office ... all you need is go online :D
Yeah, any outfit you go with (check cashing or Credit Card authorization one) will charge you for their service. Heck, most banks will charge you fees too. I prefer paying with paypal and getting paid through paypal.

Giganova said:

There are no fee's on a personal account, and business accounts are around 1.9% + $0.30 when the acct receive's funds, like if someone buys something from you. I won't purchase from a seller that doesn't accept Paypal, and I know I ain't the only one, so I think the fee's are more than made up in extra sales.

Dracon said:
I don't know about leary

I emailed the seller the day this thread was started to ask them the manufacturer's name, and the name of the studio and city that they were referring to in the listing that said-"This microphone comes directly from our studios outside of Nashville, Tennessee". I haven't received a reply, and I'm down right skeptical.

Someone buy this thing, I'm dyin' to know if it's legite.

Warhead said:
The auction states:

"This microphone comes directly from our studios outside of Nashville, Tennessee"

so they are implying that it's made there.

Kind of like the radio commercials for car dealers that say:

"every application WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!"

(implying you will be APPROVED)

I'd like to know if it's the NADY in disguise.

War

I inquired about this mic on the seller's ebay site. I asked if the name implied it was American made and/or if it was a Chineese/Nady spin-off. He did not respond.

ez_willis said:
There are no fee's on a personal account
There are significant fees on a personal account when you receive a payment. Examples from my private account over the past few months:

I received a $100.- transaction - the fee was $4.20,
I received a $152.- transaction - the fee was $4.72,
I received a $20.- transaction - the fee was $0.88 ...
... you get the idea.

So why are you saying there are no fees for personal accounts?

Giganova said:
There are significant fees on a personal account when you receive a payment. Examples from my private account over the past few months:

I received a $100.- transaction - the fee was $4.20,
I received a $152.- transaction - the fee was $4.72,
I received a $20.- transaction - the fee was $0.88 ...
... you get the idea.

So why are you saying there are no fees for personal accounts?

This is from the Paypal webpage, you'll probably have to log in if you click the link-

"PayPal charges Premier and Business accounts to receive payments. Personal accounts are free, but may not receive credit card payments."

I think this just sys that there's a fee for a business account. Its doesn't say anything about the transaction fees.

ez_willis said:
I emailed the seller the day this thread was started to ask them the manufacturer's name, and the name of the studio and city that they were referring to in the listing that said-"This microphone comes directly from our studios outside of Nashville, Tennessee". I haven't received a reply, and I'm down right skeptical.

Someone buy this thing, I'm dyin' to know if it's legite.
I can tell you it's not anywhere near from Nashville, TN. Maybe some town in China Called Nashville, TN but not in the US. Go to TapeOp and you'll find a deal (they are buying 200 of those from China directly), where you can purchase two for $140.

The price is more like 225.00 for two and its going to take about 3 to 4 months for you to get your mics.

Back