Would you buy this guitar for $100???

Nilbog

hello
Can't find much infor about it on the net. It's a Yamaha RGZ 312P
Harmony Central Review here.

It's got tuning locks, a 5 way selector, A TRS 101 Double Locking Trem. Seems alright....

Anyone every play on one of these- or know the going price (Couldnt even find one on ebay!)/list price (or where to find it).

Any help rewarded.
-Nil

I'm not an electric player of any sorts, but by reading all the reviews, the prices paid ran from like 50.00 to 750.00. That sure seems like a big range. But my thought is, if it stays in tune, pickups work, switches all work, and the action is good, 100.00 might be ok. There are a lot of fine little strats out there ranging from 100.00 as high as you want to go. I know a lot of folks here like the Pacifica, and the Squires are mostly ok. But if this guitar originally sold for high bucks, then you might be gettin a great deal.

Dan

I own two RGZ 621's. They are the upper end of that line. I got one for $80. Of course, the neck was all messed up, but with a little work I got it working. It's mainly a backup, trash guitar for my original. I really like the guitars. Real nice neck on my original one. So nice, I bought the second.

I don't know about the 312. I believe that's a lower end model. But, FWIW, I think Yamaha makes a quality instrument. You might try to talk the price down, it could be a steal at $50-$70.

I play metal/punk with it. It's very much designed in the 80's vein of metal. Easy access to the top frets and super whammy stuff. The pickups will probably need replaced if you are serious about tone. But, very sturdy guitar overall.

Here's a link to a RGZ612, same as mine except I've got humbuckers at the neck:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568938168&category=33049

Hope this all helps.

Back