Would like to be in Florida now

Toddskins

I would not believe it if I were not right in the middle of it - St. Louis, MO.

We had almost 24 hours of nonstop ice hitting, and it has just finally turned into snow. There must be 5 inches of ice on the street still (even as many times as the snow ploughs have driven through), and now 5 inches of snow is expected this evening.

I was out shoveling the driveway 9 hours ago, and was getting pelted by ice, which just never stopped. bizarre.

They say, and I believe it now, that this is the worst winter storm in our midwest history.

I usually go out for coffee every night, regardless of the weather. Not this time. Good thing I've got a good book to read, and I guess I'll be using my own Mr. Coffee tonight and serving myself refills. <grin>

Yah..we've really gotten hit with blizzard conditions here in the KC area. We didn't get the ice as you have, but we could lose power due to the strong winds and heavy snowfall.

I just opened the door and it looks about a good 5ft drifts against the driveway retaining wall that was around 3ft several hours ago and around 3 ft on the driveway itself and up against my outer door.

I've shoveled the drive twice today and no sign of human life being there at all! I-70 was and may still be closed from KC to St Louis too.

When I was a kid we had snow this deep on the ground quite often, just not all in one snow day. We took advantage of it too..forts and tunnels and humongas snowmen.

Every hour or so we would come in and stand upon the heat registers till our gloves and socks dried out and the pounding pain of thawing blood crept into our frozen digits. I don't know how we managed to keep all our fingers and toes in tact.:D

Stay safe man!

I would not believe it if I were not right in the middle of it - St. Louis, MO.

We had almost 24 hours of nonstop ice hitting, and it has just finally turned into snow. There must be 5 inches of ice on the street still (even as many times as the snow ploughs have driven through), and now 5 inches of snow is expected this evening.

I was out shoveling the driveway 9 hours ago, and was getting pelted by ice, which just never stopped. bizarre.

They say, and I believe it now, that this is the worst winter storm in our midwest history.

I usually go out for coffee every night, regardless of the weather. Not this time. Good thing I've got a good book to read, and I guess I'll be using my own Mr. Coffee tonight and serving myself refills. <grin>

How 'bout we move it a bit south and say "I'd like to be in St. Croix right now!"

Whitestrat, It'd be just our luck to get down to the Virgin Islands, and then get hit by a hurricane. lol

True-eurt, where did you grow up that you were used to that many feet of snow?

I recall, I think, our worst snowfall back in 1981/2 when 2 feet of snow fell in one to two days. That shut down our whole state's highway system, and the drifts were... kid you not... 8 feet high in places.

Ahhhh, but being St. Louis, the weather turned to sunny suntanning just a few days later. haha

Yep, it was this same time in '82 here in St. Lou. Mike and I were at the movies together when the snow starting falling...

Since that storm, every "weather event" has to measure up, and so far, none has.

I remember the storm of 69' up here in NH now that was a storm! could barely get the tractors out of the barn to plow! The horses liked it the next day.

Im going to the beach this weekend.....

Why do you have to wait until the weekend? Go now! :D

I'd do the same, only the snow and wind is blowing so hard right now, I'm not sure I'd make it there without a compass to keep me pointed in the right direction! Yes, that means near zero visibility! :)

Cheers! :)

True-eurt, where did you grow up that you were used to that many feet of snow?
In the KC area...we had what I consider actual *winters* as a kid. Lots of snow during the season...so it wasn't unusual to have enough on the ground at once, for forts and tunnels and such. Our winterwear got lots of use and our sleds as well.

Why do you have to wait until the weekend? Go now! :D

I'd do the same, only the snow and wind is blowing so hard right now, I'm not sure I'd make it there without a compass to keep me pointed in the right direction! Yes, that means near zero visibility! :)

Cheers! :)

its only 18c today..back up to 23c at the weekend :D

truth is i miss the snow...i was boarding over new year and it was great to be back out in it...though the storms they get in the mid west here arent fun, theyre just ice :eek:

Back