Would anyone be interested in Mastering a 4 track EP?

ATWCE

Good afternoon HR!

So I've only been on here a few days and have quickly grown to love the forum and have had some great advice on my mixing. Now, I dont want to speak out of turn but I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in mastering my upcoming 4 track EP? I'm using some truly awful equipment at the moment as my PC died and I simply havent had the money to replace it. I am only using Cubase 5 and I cant get a good master from it as much as I try to experiment with limiters and EQ's I find it difficult without using any metering tools etc.

As for the EP, it is written and recorded, it is by no means perfect but I just want to release something as people have started asking about it and I have been trying for a good 6 months now to get something together.

So far, the first 2 tracks, (one intro ish track which is just 2 guitars and some sound effects, and one which is in the other thread I started on here) are mixed. To the best of my ability anyway.

I'm not looking for a completely polished EP at this stage. I just want to release something which shows what I can do.

If you are interested please let me know.

And, if what I'm asking is completely out of line again, just let me know.

Many Thanks.

Simon

Sure, why not.

Actually, why don't you just send me the whole Cubase project folder, and I can take a look at what you are doing in your mix, and maybe give some direct comments too. :)

Jimmy

By the way, it is early morning Sunday here in US. :)

Ok sure! I only have the mix ready for the one track, All I need to know, is how is best to send the files, and what exactly do you need me to send. I really appreciate it, thank you.

O and also, the intro track I mentioned, I unfortunately cant send the mix files for it, I can only send the .wav of the file as that is all that exists since it was made before my computer fried.

You would need to take the whole project folder for the track (Audio/Images/cpr file), and zip it (Send to>Compressed (zipped) folder). It usually just easier to do a 'Backup Project' in Cubase, to a folder on your desktop, to make sure you get everything in there. Then zip that folder, and send via a free sharing site like 'streaky.com' or 'yousendit.com'. Or open a 'dropbox' account and upload/share from there.

I will PM you my email address.

Jimmy

Awesome thanks very much. Bare in mind as well, I literally have started mixing a few days ago, so it may be terrible. Ill send them across now.

Back