wobbly guitar?

guitarmonkus

I am not sure where to post this really, but I am having a bit of a frustrating problem.

I don't know what's going on with my guitar tone, and I don't even know if there is a problem. Anything that I record in Reaper with my guitar sounds awful on playback. Weird clicking, wobbly sounding, too slow, just a disaster. But when I render it to WAV, it mostly sounds like what I thought I recorded again. I say mostly, because I'm really not sure what I'm hearing, which is why I posted an MP3.

Does this guitar tone sound weird to anyone? Like some sort of weird fluctuation or anything else?

My chain is simple- Fender Mustang----Ibanez Tube Screamer----M-Audio Fasttrack----laptop (Reaper).

If it sounds weird, what could be the problem? And if it does sound like a regular guitar tone to the experienced on this forum, why would it sound like a trainwreck anytime I play it back in Reaper?

I hope I described the problem well, but maybe I didn't. thank you for any input!

Attachments

• makeshift (2).mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Not sure what to say about your issue on playback. While your tone ain't bad, I do hear an occassional "tick". I wouldn't guess that it's a clocking problem or there would be a lot more of it. Driver maybe? Hmmm...

I don't hear any fluctuation, but do hear the tick or click sounds. Are you monitoring through the Fasttrack? Make sure your drivers are up to date, check the latency, make sure you don't have other things running in the background. Does it sound ok when you are recording? Check both direct monitor and monitoring the sound in Reaper.

Back