Why did you choose your guitar?

Late '80s Taylor 815C (older style, florentine cutaway, pic on the web page icon below). Like so many others have said, this guitar chose me.:cool:

i've got 4 guitars. i recently got out of the honeymoon stage with my Ibanez GAX70. while it's a great guitar it's too damn top heavy. m this one may never see a gig unless i can fix that. the ones i play the most are my Epiphone Les Paul, and my Kramer Focus. I like the LP because it distorts very well, sounds decent clean, and has a pretty good neck and just kicks ass. As for the Kramer, it's my first electric, and you know what, it was cheap as hell. I love the way this one sounds clean and distorted, and the neck feels better than all of my other guitars. Plus i put a bartolini single-soil into the bridge pick up, giving it a much different "strat rip-off" guitar. The sound of this guitar reminds me of some old school rock and punk recordings. If i were anotherguitar, i'd have sex with all of my guitars.

Mine's a Washburn WR150. . .

and I didn't choose it. It chose me.

Actually, my wife bought it for me for Christmas because I had played it in the store and was amazed at its playability for the $200 pricetag. Plus it's a purty metallic bronze color.

Chose my Guild acoutic, because that was what Paul Simon was using at the time, and I loved his tone.

Chose my Alvarez electric when I traded my Teac 3440 at the local music store, smartest trade I've ever made, just love this guitar!!

Found my Ric bass under guns and ammo in the classified, got it and a practice amp for $300.00, laughed all the way home!!

GT

Back