Whopping kick drum sound

Thurgood

Give a listen to David Byrne & St. Vincent "Who". Sounds like multi layer heavily compressed goodness. I like it.

Cool sound. Not your typical kick sound for sure. Sounds like sample of a distant miced, large and resonant drum.

that sound is:
EV RE20 and Shure beta 52 inside.

other cool ones inside the kick are:
EV re20 plus AKG d112 and last, AKG d112 and Srure sm7(sm57 will work in place of sm7)

Last edited:
what you talking about willis???

nice kick sounds with microphone combination, ever heard of that?

...............give me a bad mark jg96? what is this, some sort of game you want to play?

why don't you be a man and post it in the thread instead of reporting a post, then message me privately what you talking about willis.

Not trying to start a fight I just like the way it sounds. Relax you guys. It does sound like an inside mic. Maybe my hearing loss results from sticking my head inside of a kick drum back in the day. LOL. The drum does sound large, not a small "jazz kit" kick. No tellin what they used/sampled but I would like to have that at my fingertips (footbertips :).

I ain't tryin to cause no trouble either. I'm just confused as to the credibilities of drtechnos sources. Seeing as he has been banned we will never now. Hopefully tuning can help you to get closer to your footbertips. It definitely sounds like there is an external mic on that kick to me.

Back