Whole notes "pulse"

STOKES1188

I'm using Gibson LP Custom-Line6 Guitar Port-GTP3-into a PC with a generic SC.
I use Beta Monkey Drum Loops. When I record a simple distorted whole note chord over a simple 4/4 beat-the guitar doesn't sound like a solid chord-it sounds like it is being struck 4 times like the drums. It's not a solid whole note chord. STUMPED:mad:

The beat being louder and modulating the guitar by way of compression (or overload?) in some part of the system?

The beat being louder and modulating the guitar by way of compression (or overload?) in some part of the system?

Thanks! Sorry so long to answer back. That seems to be what happened when I recorded with a cassette 4-track-YEARS ago!!
But my current problem seems to be a grounding issue-I release the neck with my left hand and get a BUZZ-Or when playing a whole note power chord-the more it fades the more BUZZ you he hear. I thought I had done agreat shielding job-but I missed something!

Thanks! Sorry so long to answer back. That seems to be what happened when I recorded with a cassette 4-track-YEARS ago!!
But my current problem seems to be a grounding issue-I release the neck with my left hand and get a BUZZ-Or when playing a whole note power chord-the more it fades the more BUZZ you he hear. I thought I had done agreat shielding job-but I missed something!

A quick fix for would be to get a bit of wire, run it from the bridge or some other metal work (even easier if you can run it out of the backplate), and tuck the other end into your shorts. Sounds stupid but it works.

Back