white powder coming out of guitar

I'm guessing it's probably saw dust from the routing of the guitar for the pickups and electronics. Ash wood is fairly white in color when it's routed to a fine consistency. At least that's the opinion of a woodworker.

adolescentsfan said:
I think it's just polish residue, when I first started playing my brothers Fender Strat I took off the little plastic plate on the back to see if anything was corroded. There was little white powder residue caked into the corners. I'm guessing that somehow some polish got into the bridge area, probably before the bridge was put on. It'll probably come out every time you change strings, at least for a while. I'm assuming this is a new guitar, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

this guy seems correct...
i have owned this guitar for about two years...
and much more came out the first time than other times changing the strings...

(sry its not a consistant flow travisinflorida)

I'll tell you what, I'll drill a gaping hole right in the middle of the back of my guitar and I'll post a pic so we can all see together.

Give me an hour or two, tomorrow the latest.

Track Rat said:
It could be polishing compound from the factory when the guitar was made. I've seen that inside the cavity of some guitars when working on them.

Originally Posted by adolescentsfan
I think it's just polish residue, when I first started playing my brothers Fender Strat I took off the little plastic plate on the back to see if anything was corroded. There was little white powder residue caked into the corners. I'm guessing that somehow some polish got into the bridge area, probably before the bridge was put on. It'll probably come out every time you change strings, at least for a while. I'm assuming this is a new guitar, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
Yeah, he nailed it. :rolleyes:

Back