Votes: 151 6.8%
  • Sonar 1.0

Votes: 226 10.1%
  • Logic audio

Votes: 191 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N-Track as multitracker...Goldwave for editing.....Fruity Loops for drums.....

Because they are cheap and the best bang for the buck software for their fucnctions....

And because I have so little bucks, I need more bangs for them.....

at least put "other"

I currently use PGMUSIC powertracks. Why?

This company not only listens to suggestions from their consumers, but actually implement them pretty quickly.

Ask and you shall receive.

Plus it only costs like $30.

Will I eventually get something else?

Probably, but for now, I'm happy with PGMUSIC.

:)

PowerTracks doesnt do 24bit/96khz :(

Ive played with it a bit and its ok but quite a bit behind N-Track's quality and Flavio listens to his customers too.....

I like SONAR... mostly because I've been using Cakewalk since version 2.0 and I'm used to it... it does pretty much everything I need, usually even more so (well, until lately anyway). The only other comparable tools I've used is MasterTracks Pro on a Mac about ten years ago, and recently Studio Vision, also on a Mac.

Gidge said:
PowerTracks doesnt do 24bit/96khz :(

Ive played with it a bit and its ok but quite a bit behind N-Track's quality and Flavio listens to his customers too.....

I'm told it's in the works;)

I've used Cakewalk 9 quite a bit but I'm with the good Doctor, Vegas is much mo' stable. It's my weapon of choice. For two buss stuff, SoundForge 5.0.

I use Cakewalk PA9 because it came free with my sound card. I've used a couple others...Pro Tools, N-Track, Samplitude...all were more intuitive than Cakewalk.

Cakewalk to track. Sound Forge to edit, apply effects. I'm planning to switch to Cubase for tracking.

Cake 9>Tracking

Vegas Audio 2.0>Tracking

Sound Forge 4.5>Editing

Acid 2.0>Arranging

Fruity Loops>Beat Construction

But....

When I sell another track, I'll probably upgrade to...

Sonar

SF 5.0

Acid 3.0

peace...

nips

Fruity loops for a click track.

Nuendo for tracking and editing.

Wavelab for assembly and final edit's.

n-track for recording

fruity loops for "drums" and the occasional synth embellishment (although it seems to like crashing my PC - at the most inopportune times)

Goldwave for editing

I use Samplitude 2496 and love it. I wasted 6 months with Cubase and spent more time trying to solve conflicts and crashes than I did recording music. I have not have one problem with Samplitude, it sounds great and is easy to use. I use Wavelab for mastering, I love it too.

i voted for sonar....right now logic audio has 7 votes...however cakewalk and sonar together have 6...of course a sampling pool of 26 or so makes the statistic pretty meaningless at this point...

j, in response to your earlier reply I just feel in the long run Cubase is a superior product to Cakewalk. Perhaps Sonar will change all that. I'm so familiar with Cakewalk now, I'm hesitant to switch and learn a new program. All the reviews I've read have creamed over Cubase 5, however.

n-track for recording and mixing on different computers. Because its cheap and great. I love drawing volume and pan changes.

Cubase VST 5.0 for recording at home- works so well with the Tascam us-428 to which I am quite addicted. More stable than n-Track.

Drums in Cubase with the LM-4 exported to .wav for n-Track tunes, if needed, sometimes as MIDI. (I like Cubase's drum editor.)

Do most of my editing within the programs because it saves time. I don't edit much, though.

-Chris

Hey Chris,

Do you use a PC or Mac? Just asking since blinddogblues said he had so many problems with Cubase crashing his PC. Also, since you have a Tascam US-428 (lucky dog!), what other software does it support?

Also, has anyone tried running Pro Tools Free on an Athlon 750?
I know that's not what's recommended, but I've got the chance to get one dirt cheap.

Hey Tdukex, I'd be a little careful before spending a bunch of money on Cubase if you already have something that works for you, especially if you're doing audio. It may look like a superior product, and it would be if it worked. When I finally decided to find something else, the Cubase forum looked like Mutiny on the Bounty. I have never seen so many irate people in my life, especially when 5.0 came out. I was there looking for help but was drowned out by all the fuss, people evening threatening to sue Steinberg. Check it out before you buy at cubase.net. Since I switched, I have bought another PC, thinking maybe if I dedicated one computer to music I would not have problems. So, I tried Cubase last night, and have nothing but music recording and editing software loaded, and still got nothing but stuttering music back for my effort. No problem with Samplitude or Wavelab. And this is a PIII 700, 256 megs RAM, 7200 RPM 40 gig and 7200 RPM 15 gig HDs. Not a lightweight machine and it should handle anythng you throw at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back