Which frequency grates the most

maxman65

Trying this experiment going from 16 into 8 track and basically a blanket eq as it comes in . If I cut 3k I can turn it up much loader . Been doing a bunch of eq in the source tracks but something is grating. Until my ears readjust it feels like 3k cut makes it sound more like tape? . Maybe it's just dull can't tell yet . Half the time I don't trust how I'm hearing something

Last edited:
I like to render a mix to .mp3 and listen to it over several days on different systems. Whichever system sounds the best to me, I tend to stick with that for a few days. It sounds different at different times of the day and on different days. On Tuesday at 3 PM I hear one part very clear, then on Wednesday at 10 AM I can barely detect it's presence. The mix sounds different on different days and at different times of the day. Eventually, I identify areas which need adjustment and go from there.

Looking at the manual, looks like the R16 saves in WAV file format and can communicate with a DAW, or just move the SD card to your computer and DAW. Have you tried moving your mixes or tracks to a DAW and making use of expanded EQing?

I like to think of 2.5kHz as the "ex-girlfriend" frequency.

Although I might need to repackage that as the "ex-significant other" frequency™ to keep up with the times.

Hmmm. I don’t know where it sits, but that frequency that leaf blowers have. :)
Annoys the crap out of me.

I dont know the freq but when that scratch squeek acoustic string sound happens its painful to my ears, im overly sensitive to that spike-ear pierce freq.

just listened to McCartneys Calico Skies and several versions, remaster and original and home made versions etc... and it was bad on the couple of them... but then I listened to some Cover Versions by Musicians and actually liked those better as far as micing the acoustic as it didnt have the squeek squeek squeek up and down sliding squeeking on the strings...

I tired those coated strings and it helps and some guitars just have it worse I think...and some players dont squeek the strings as much.. horrible sound though. It can ruin a song like theres some squeeking door hinge going on or someone scraping the chalk board with fingernails...

McCartneys Blackbird White Album doesnt have it? So anyway apparently most people dont care about it...its on a released big time CD?

It would be hard to Gate it out too its so fast nano second...eeeek.....eeeeeek... lol

I dont know the freq but when that scratch squeek acoustic string sound happens its painful to my ears, im overly sensitive to that spike-ear pierce freq.

. . .

It would be hard to Gate it out too its so fast nano second...eeeek.....eeeeeek... lol
This doesn't affect me or cause involuntary responses but I do find it extremely distracting.

Back