Where to place mixing desk

bassgirl4

So i'm constructing a recording studio with in my bedroom because it's the only space i have available but it's quite small (don't know dimensions) and i'm stuck as to where would be the best place to have the mixing area.

I did a rough diagram as the current layout but wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to where to put the mixing desk.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 73
If the room is square, as the drawing suggests, then I'd put the desk centered against the wall looking out the window. If it's not a square room, and the 2 side walls are longer than the 2 horizontal walls in the drawing, then I'd put the desk centered against the wall where the bed is. (I shouldn't say "against the wall". I mean a few feet out if possible).

Either way, right now you have your desk in probably the worst possible place. Get out of the corner and put your desk where you can create some symmetry.

I'd do either against the window or opposite from the fireplace. Definitely not where you're currently at. How deep is the alcove? Have you got any pictures?

I agree with you.. opposite the fireplace is probably your best bet. What are the dimensions of the room?

Cheers,
John

I agree with you.. opposite the fireplace is probably your best bet. What are the dimensions of the room?

hey dood...get back to work..whatta ya think this is..a chat room? ya got 15 PRD's to paint and a half dozen door jambs to assemble by 3am.

..geeeezuschrist..give em an inch and they take a fucking mile...

:p

hey dood...get back to work..whatta ya think this is..a chat room? ya got 15 PRD's to paint and a half dozen door jambs to assemble by 3am.

..geeeezuschrist..give em an inch and they take a fucking mile...

:p

:)

Um, what just happened there? I believe John is a consultant/designer/contractor. A highly skilled/educated, and recommended one, at that.

Is there an inside story, that none of us need to hear about? Were you drinking when you posted this? lol

Is there an inside story, that none of us need to hear about? Were you drinking when you posted this? lol

Inside story. I was kidding John. And yeah, you can hear it. I worked for him for a while. :) And yeah, I was drinking. At 68, I think I've earned the right to get shitfaced once in a while if I want and joke with a friend.
Sorry for using your thread to do so though. I couldn't resist. :)

Inside story. I was kidding John. And yeah, you can hear it. I worked for him for a while. :) And yeah, I was drinking. At 68, I think I've earned the right to get shitfaced once in a while if I want and joke with a friend.
Sorry for using your thread to do so though. I couldn't resist. :)

Lol! No apology needed. It was actually awesome. Just making sure it was humor.

:)

Back