When I use the Effects my computer freezes

Octava219

On Adobe Audition 3.0 when I am in edit mode and I try ro apply effects, my computer freezes up. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks!!

You could try purchasing a legal copy of it instead of downloading a torrent file from pirate bay.

You could try purchasing a legal copy of it instead of downloading a torrent file from pirate bay.

Ok, I could say something really rude, like fuck off. But I will take the high road and inform you instead that unless the copy I got from Guitar Center...(you know the one that came sealed in the box..., the one that I paid 340.00 bucks for) is illegal, it should work just fine.

Ok, wasn't nice of us, but that is one of the common things that happens with pirated versions and we get asked that a lot on this forum.

So, to try to help,

can you be more specific about your problem ie: is there one specific VST causing the freezup or any VST. Also, are these included with Adobe, or are they 3rd party.

On Adobe Audition 3.0 when I am in edit mode and I try ro apply effects, my computer freezes up. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks!!

Aside from the update, this might also just be an issue with your computer not being able to handle some of these effects. Are you trying to apply them while the track is playing? What effects is this occurring with? For example, if I try to apply any of the Studio Reverbs while a track is playing, I have no issue. If I try to apply some of the resource hogs like chorus effects or echo effects while the track is playing, I'm in for trouble.

That's also and easy fix. Ff you are loading individual tracks with effects, particularly processing effects, freeze the effects on each track prior to playing back the mix All it does is process each track separately and then combines the previously processed tracks. Freezing has its own undo so it can be as temporary or as permanent as you choose to make it. Look for an icon on each channel near the effects boxes to freeze. It turns blue when frozen. Freezing each track can take a few minutes but there will be a smooth playback.

Um.. BTW, what's with the vanilla signature treatment? "The administrator has decided that should be quiet for a while." That's half the fun...

This is a known issue in AA 3.0. The .exe file is corrupted, and therefore causes the application to hang, freeze, or otherwise become inaccessible.

This can be read as: go buy a legit copy of the program. Cracked copies have modified .exes. I know this from personal experience. When AA 3.0 came out, I pirated it (shame on me). I had the exact same issue you are describing. After looking around on Google, ending up on different forums, and ultimately the Adobe user help forums, I had found my answer. Cracked copies don't work quite the same.

I was tired of my copy hanging, and I am trying to do recording as a part-time job out of my house. I can't have illegal software on my PC. So, I bought it, got my updates, and now all is well...

So, quit being a complete jerk online to the people who are giving you brutally honest advice. Just based on your reaction, it is clear that you pirated your copy. He called you out, and you got caught. Suck it up.

:drunk:

This is a known issue in AA 3.0. The .exe file is corrupted, and therefore causes the application to hang, freeze, or otherwise become inaccessible.

This can be read as: go buy a legit copy of the program. Cracked copies have modified .exes. I know this from personal experience. When AA 3.0 came out, I pirated it (shame on me). I had the exact same issue you are describing. After looking around on Google, ending up on different forums, and ultimately the Adobe user help forums, I had found my answer. Cracked copies don't work quite the same.

I was tired of my copy hanging, and I am trying to do recording as a part-time job out of my house. I can't have illegal software on my PC. So, I bought it, got my updates, and now all is well...

So, quit being a complete jerk online to the people who are giving you brutally honest advice. Just based on your reaction, it is clear that you pirated your copy. He called you out, and you got caught. Suck it up.

Firstly, you don't attack a poster when you half ass read a post, Secondly, There IS a problem with the legally purchased AA3's. If there wasn't a problem ADOBE wouldn't have made an UPDATE for people to DOWNLOAD FROM THEIR SITE to fix the hangtime/freezup......

Firstly, you don't attack a poster when you half ass read a post, Secondly, There IS a problem with the legally purchased AA3's. If there wasn't a problem ADOBE wouldn't have made an UPDATE for people to DOWNLOAD FROM THEIR SITE to fix the hangtime/freezup......

I do attack posters when I half ass read posts. I do what I want. If you don't like the picture, change the channel. :drunk:

Back