What's your rig?

An Epiphone Les Paul Standard into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe(1x12).
My effects are: A Boss DS-1(Distortion), An Ibanez TS9, A Boss CE-2(Chorus), A Boss DD-5(Delay), and Jim Dunlop Crybaby. Sometimes I use my Boss OC-2(Octave). I also have footswichable overdrive for three channels on the amp. I rarely use the Distortion and TS9 in live performance. Someday I will own that new Super Shifter that Boss just released.

My acoustic is an Ovation Legend. It's great for live performance(especially outside) and sounds pretty good in the studio.

Greets Prophet_81.

You said in three sentences something very
solid and true. It really is what is in your
heart. And if you have yourself connected good
to that, you've got the master effect plugged in.
Thanks, man. And welcome.

Faithmonster

1984 Guild Brian May model (autographed by Brian), Ibanez 540S LTD custom, Washburn Nuno Bettencourt model, Guild Brian May Treble booster, Art 2000 Express w/ultrafoot, Rockman Distortion Generator, Presonus stereo compressor, BBE sonic Maximizer, Mesa Dual Rectifier 100 watt head, Ampeg V4, Ampeg 4x12 and 2 Ampeg SVT cabs. Ovation and Takamine acoustic/electrics.

Rig Rules

K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple - stupid. Since I am in a situation that restricts my sound level (no fun aloud-boo!) - I mainly run a newer Ibanez RG through a Pod or GP-100. The strat is always at the ready and I may occasionally - very rarely anymore - hook up a wah. A small crate is nearby in case I need it. Were I performing, nothing less than a Marshall half-stack would do.

My Rig

Peavey EVH Wolfgang (Vintage burst) through a Johnson Millinnium half-stack with J-12 foot control. I've got a bunch of other guitars and outboard gear, but with the Johnson around, the rest of the stuff is collecting dust.

CMiller, have you had a chance to compare your Ernie Ball EVH to the Peavey EVH? If so, was there much difference?

Hey Haggot, how do you like your Johnson? Are you on the Johnson Millinnium Forum?
Ever since I got my Johnson, I just can't stop playing with it;) (No, I haven't noticed any hair on my palms)
That thing is do dang versatile and sounds so sweet. I think it's the ultimate studio amp.

Fender Telecaster, or a Gibson LP Custom (blue, really cool), or a crappy old Fender mexican Strat that I ripped apart and put back together with Texas Special pickups and an American bridge and then took sandpaper to the white body one night when I was bored to give it a 'vintage' look. Then I used 'old English on the bare wood. Looks like hell plays like heaven.
Fender Blues DeVille amp with old Sovtek tubes...I hate groove tubes. Sometimes through my Pro Jr. just for kicks, turned up to 11. No FX.

i have a 1987 st. blues blues king by strings amd things with emg sa pickups,and just got a brand spanking new marshall vs-102 100 watt 2x12 last week....i don't use any fx any more

I'm a simple gear guy. Big wish list, small equipment list.

Late '80s Taylor 815C; B-Band undersaddle / internal condenser / Core 99 setup. SM 57s and a Mackie CFX board. Oh, and a '59 Gibson LG2 acoustic with a BIG Gibson crack on the top. Poor thing. Thats it.

I'm at the mercy of any P.A that comes along and I murmur "Trace Elliot! Trace Elliot!" in my sleep. My wife is more than a little irritated about that, but it helped when I assured her that ol' Tracie was just an amplifier... (Whew).

I like to keep it simple too:

1 guitar -Tele
1 amp -Vox AC30 TB (JMI)
1 FX -ART tube mic preamp (optional)
1-2 Cords -Keep'em short

I tend to like this setup in a smaller venue (like small bar). The Vox does most of the work on its own. Bright and edgy (although I trim some of the high end, they are very BRIGHT). I Love this sound very much!!!

My tiny little rig....

Marshall JMP-1 Preamp
Roland GP16 FX processor with expression pedal (EV-5)and foot controller (FC100 MkII)
Marshall 8008 valvestate amp
Marshall 1912 2x12" Celestion cabinet

And last but CERTAINLY not least:
George Dennis optical wah / volume pedal

I play a cheap Ibanez RG series (It sucks. I need a Tele SOON) and an ovation celebrity deluxe (shallow bowl) which rocks!

no digital please

I keep it simple, old and analog.
Amp-Marshall '78 jmp 50 watt head
Cabinet-Fender Bassman 2x12
Effects-EH Small Stone (early 80's model), ProCo Vintage Rat, Boss DS-1 Overdrive
Guitars-Primary: Fender Strat 50th aniversary LE Secondary: Fender Tele Plus copy

Right now I'm looking to aquire in the next month a Fender '72 Tele Thinline RI. Nice
Gabriel

showing of your rig ... yeah!

Ibanez Jem 77bfp seymour duncan jb added -man do i love this guitar
gibson sg-I -good second
crappy ibanez with seymour duncan invader
les paul copy which i'm gonna hotrod... but haven't yet

marshall jcm2000 dsl 100watt

cable (tasker)

No effects... am i gonna get flamed too? come on we all know that anyone serious into guitar playing treats it like a religion... hell yeah he'll show off his rig and stand behind his choices... but enemy of the sun , you attacked spray not the other way around...

guhlenn

ps i'm gonna build myself a rewal low wattage rack system (about 20watt max. which preamp do you think fits hiugh gain best? i was thinking about eitherv the rockmaster or the ada mp-1 saw both listed here... can i get some feedback?)

Hello gear junkies.

Just did my 5 year sell everything to buy new stuff routine. Gone are the Marshall '79 master superlead combo, '59 reissue bassman and Blues Jr. and Varidrive. When I'm done crying I'll see what's out there in amp land. I don't know what the heck I want. How 'bout a '65 super?

My little bro built both my electrics (strat) and 5 string fretless bass. My favorite effect? Trem. Favorite Cereal? Cocoa Crispees

Ibanez SV420FM, Sierra LP Copy, Yamaha 12 string

Flex I Duo (50 watts x2 at 8), rewired to be a head (put it in a new casing and covered it with tolex and everything), out of a Peavey 4x12 (stereo at 8 ohms). For smaller duties, ro a more light sound, I run it out of a 1x10, 1x12 cab. I run simultaneously out of the PA whem we play live, using the effects send. The Flex's direct sound is really crunchy, and the 2 mixed together sounds HUGE.

Bass duties are taken by a Ibanez Soundgear 800 or something like that, out of an ancient Cordovox 250 watt amp (the thing was made to be the amp half to an ancient form of midi, controller was an accordion, the cable it uses has two SCSI type and one Parallel type connector on it, and is like an inch thick). For recording I run the bass through a Pandora PX-2.

Jake

Back