What's your rig?

Wallycleaver

Hi all,
Just doing a poll of what everyone's rigs are.
My guitar rig: Dano-u2, Strat, Hammer prs copy to a vox cambridge and a fender 112 combo. Effects, Vox wah, ernie ball volume, small stone, big muff, and boss chourus and delay.
Bass rig: G&L sb-2 and a Jazz bass to Dod prosesser split to a Di and a hartke kick back amp.

my bass rig consists of an american Precision and Jazz basses....an Ampeg SVT CLASSIC tube head...ampeg 4x10 HLF and 1X15 cabinets...i also use a BOSS "bass enhancer" pedal.

Ernie Ball Music Man Van Halen through Shure L4 wireless; signal split into rack mounted sabine tuner & pedal board (which includes MXR Phase 90, Cry Baby Wha, Ibanzez Tube Screamer); ADA MP-1; in the effects loop: Rocktron Guitar Silencer (Hush system), MP-1 runs stereo into a Digitech DSP-128; stereo signal runs into Cerwin Vega CV-700 stereo power amp (250 watts a side?); Two Marshall 2x12 cabinets.

Note: I almost never use the Tube Screamer, but it comes in handy every once in a while for a change of pace. Also, the pedals are pretty much swapped in and out of the system depending on need during recording. Of course I don't use the wireless while recording. I also have a Heil Talk Box which I swap in and out according to need. When I was playing live I ran my signal into an A/B box my buddy built into my Midi pedal (drilled a new hole and everything!)...I used that to switch to a seperate amp with the talk box wired into it.

[This message has been edited by CMiller (edited 07-27-2000).]

Live rig: Marshall JMP 100 watt head/Mesa Triple Rectifier 150 watt head each running thru a Marshall 4x12 cab. Any one of a couple of LP Jr's or a '70's LP standard...Jr's have Duncan P-90's, Standard has Duncan Seth Lovers (most colorful pickup I've ever used)...12 gague Dean Markely's. Old Small Stone Phase Shifter and old Big Muff fuzz. I highly recommend the Korg DTR-1 tuner...big display that you can see in the dark.

I have a Schecter 7-String and a Johnson JM60. I haven't found a need for anything else and I am doing everything from Fear Factory type stuff to Jewel type stuff...

Currently playing a Parker Fly - regular pickups to Lexicon MPX G2 in stereo to mixing board,send out to Laney Pro Tube(miked with sm57)-transducer pickup to Flextone into mixing board, send out to Traynor Mark Three( miked with Marshall 2001). I use a floorboard with both the Lexicon and Flextone.
Rock On!

PRS through Ampeg Vl-100h, running an old BBE sonic maximizer and alesis rack EQ through the effects loop and a Sovtek 4x12(kinda blows). I get killer distortion out of the amp with a little tweaking...

Ibanez Jem jr. W/rosewood board ,mid 80's Ibanez pro-line strat with great single coil sounds ,Hirade Concert Arte Model 5 classical from 1983 w/very dark rosewood back and sides and cedar top ebony board . Alvarez DY 54 steel string w/ Jacaranda back and sides (from the rosewood family ) also cedar top . Yamaha RBX 550 bass .Old Carvin VX2112 tube combo that I love . J station , Roland GP16 .and a bag full of gadgets and gizmos from the 70's .

Back