Whats your rig look like?

Wow! Is that your live rig? Why in the world would you run your signal through a Behringer mixer before the Marshall?

yah it is... ill take a picture once i finish building my pedal box.

i have one signal going to my effects unit, then out to a small mixer... and one signal (clean) going straight to the small mixer. this way i can have a high gain distortion, and mix in a little bit of my clean signal for definition. when you add distortion, you take away some of the tonal qualities, which can leave you with a muffled mess ...add a little bit of clean signal, and your distortion becomes more defined. its basically like a really versatile sparkle drive setup. but instead of limiting myself to the distortion on a sparkle drive unit... i can pick any distortion i want, and i can EQ the distortion layer and the clean layer separately.

...or is your question "why behringer"? i dont know why people hate behringer. im all for them. sure they arent better than names like marshall, but they are damn close. ive compared my 4x12 cabinet to a marshall cabinet and i dont see enough of a quality difference to justify the price of a marshall. keep in mind, my cabinet is the BG412S (only the "S" has the jenson speakers, which are better than the speakers in the cheaper behringer cabinets). as far as their mixers and mics go... i live by them. i think they are excellent (as they are just copies of other name boards)

the great rig in my room and when the money comes i will have the great rig in the sky, but for now
amp 1 ill only put down my fav amp and the one i use the most live.
1963 fender band master (valve) bloody amazing amp and im lucky to have an original since i wasnt born till the 80s. what would you do with out good friends.
efx racks are the boss me10 to me this one is close to perfect in so many ways if you know how to use this efx rack than you can get gold sounds, and also i have updated to the gt6 which is also very powerfull, ( but i do need some new racks and might get a pod for studio use)
the main guitar i have is a 50th anniversary strat , custom to me, took out the single gold lace and swapped it with a jeff beck syemore duncan for that extra dirt and crunch. the back up guitars for stage first one is a fernanders gold top copy, one of the best gold top copys i have ever played nice low action i love this thing , and its even blowen away a few real gold tops ( i did say a few cause there have been some goldies that made this look like crap) the next back up is a charvel with the emg pick up, i like to use this one for fast playing the strat has 11 to 52 strings on it and the charvel has to 9 to 48 so when u go from the start to the charvel it feels like you can bend the string right over the neck. or i will put a maton into the line up insted of the charvell, i have a few more guitars but these are the ones for live use and would call them my rig.

Oh.. drums.

Yamaha Stage Custom in Fusion Configuration with a 14x5", no-name, 6-lug snare.
-14" Zildjian A New Beats
-17" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
-18" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
-18" Sabian AA Metal-X China
-20" Zildjian A Ping Ride
-Random Stands
-Yamaha DFP850 Double Pedal

Evans G2 Clear and Evans Genera Resonant on the toms. Evans Power Center Reverse Dot(or whatever it is) and Remo Ambassador Hazy on snare. Evans EMAD and Aquarian Superkick Resonant on kick.

Wooha.

Stuff

Fender Standard Jazz Bass with LaBella Flatwounds
Ibanez EX Series
Squier Strat Affinity (Don't laugh, this thing smokes) TexSpc p/u set, 62' American Neck, Floyd Rose Tremolo.

Danelectro BLT and Slap-Echo

Little Johnson Stage 50 (I use it for a somewhat decent pre-amp, it has an effects out and in on the back)
Peavey 800 Stereo Mixer
Behringer UB1012 - Drum Mixer
Onkyo Power Amp
Big Bozak Cabinets with two Eminence Kappa 12's in each.

I could probably use a good Bass Preamp but this setup works just fine for me. Use it every weekend for gigs and twice a week practice sessions at the house. We haven't found it wanting yet even gotten a few complaints from the front desk when we play a hotel bar.

like this
gallerypic.php

Back