What's your keyboard setup?

Brenton

I'm a keyboard fanatic. I cant even go to guitar center without twitching.

Well anyways, I was wondering what kind of keyboards do you guys have. It's always cool knowing what other people have:)

Just to be fair I will list a few of mine:

Korg M3
Roland Juno 106
Yamaha S03
Alesis Quadrasynth Plus Piano
Alesis Micron
Alesis QS 6.2
Yamaha V50
Roland A-90
Kurzweil K1000SE

HP keyboard. QWERTY. :P

All I have is an old Casio WK-1800. Thought it was so cool that it came with a floppy drive back then... LOL

Really want to get something nicer. Something with heavy keys... but I just use it as a MIDI controller anyway, mostly. Never could get used to light plastic keys...

The qwerty is very versatile. I have dozens of them!

Keyboards with floppy drives are all awesome. My V50 has a floppy drive, although I have never used it. I don't use much Casio products, although sometimes their sound quality can be pretty surprising. I have two Casio keyboards that were given to me. Both tone bank keyboards. Neither of them have line out jacks, just built in speakers. Got any ideas as to what you want to upgrade to next?

LOL you're stupid. ;} I have one of those. I currently have my beloved Clavia Nord Modular G2 and a Roland V-Synth, and an Axiom Pro 61 controller...for shits and giggles I'll list the ones I used to own:
Alesis Micron
Kurzweil k2000
EMU XK-6
Alesis A6 Andromeda :( miss this one...
ASR-10
Nord Modular G1
Don't have any KEYboard purchases lined up for the future but definitely want another Virus (used to have a desktop C) and the nord lead 3 rack(I used to have the nord 2 rack).

The qwerty is very versatile. I have dozens of them!

Keyboards with floppy drives are all awesome. My V50 has a floppy drive, although I have never used it. I don't use much Casio products, although sometimes their sound quality can be pretty surprising. I have two Casio keyboards that were given to me. Both tone bank keyboards. Neither of them have line out jacks, just built in speakers. Got any ideas as to what you want to upgrade to next?

The sound quality of the WK-1800 is actually pretty good. It's a great fairly cheap keyboard. Internal speakers sound pretty decent. I've got no complaints about it and it's served me well for over 10 years.

As far as my next key purchase... I'm waiting for my mom to break down and let me have her old upright piano! But other than that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about what's out there. I just want something natural feeling with heavy keys. I'm thinking a good electric piano with MIDI would be perfect. I've noticed electric pianos I've played on have always felt better than keyboards to me. Though the keys still generally feel... weird... guess I need a real piano.

If I was going to get a keyboard I've always wanted a Korg Triton. Don't know the first thing about it... just always was the first keyboard to pop into my head. Or an old Moog...

The sound quality of the WK-1800 is actually pretty good. It's a great fairly cheap keyboard. Internal speakers sound pretty decent. I've got no complaints about it and it's served me well for over 10 years.

As far as my next key purchase... I'm waiting for my mom to break down and let me have her old upright piano! But other than that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about what's out there. I just want something natural feeling with heavy keys. I'm thinking a good electric piano with MIDI would be perfect. I've noticed electric pianos I've played on have always felt better than keyboards to me. Though the keys still generally feel... weird... guess I need a real piano.

If I was going to get a keyboard I've always wanted a Korg Triton. Don't know the first thing about it... just always was the first keyboard to pop into my head. Or an old Moog...

The Korg Triton is an excellent keyboard. The Korg M3 is successor of the Triton. It has weighted keys and the action is excellent.

Moog Voyager Electric Blue v3.5

Moog Taurus 3

Akai MPK-49 MIDI controller for DimPro.

ATTACH=CONFIG]68607[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Pics 015.jpg
    Pics 015.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 171
When I moved and built my new project studio - I have less space than I did with my old studio (because I added a dedicated vocal booth, an isolation room for the computer and additional storage space) - so I've cut back on actual keyboards and now utilize modules and samplers more.

Keys:
Roland XP30 (lots of sounds)
Roland D50 (just because)
Roland Juno 106 (to tweak oscillators = analog sounds)
Casio PX310 (master 88 key "weighted" controller + decent piano)
Casio WK110 (surprisingly decent Rhodes & Wurly sounds + got it cheap)

Modules:
Kuzweil Pro1200 (good piano, great sax)
Roland XV5050 (lots of sounds)
Korg TR (great Korg pads)
Korg NS5R (got it cheap)
Kawai K1r (unique Kawai pad sounds)
Emu Vintage Keys (mellotron & moog sounds)
Emu Proteus 1 (got it cheap)
Yamaha MU80 (got it cheap)
Oberheim OB3 (very realistic Hammond with single drawbar set)

Samplers:
Akai S2000 (whatever other sounds I need)
Roland 550 (got it cheap, came with massive library)

dont have the room or the need

Ive had a few controllers but have settled with an axiom 61 V2

have a roland s50
korg micro x

and the rest are rack...prophet, JV, moog slim

will prolly buy a venom in the next few weeks..

I'm down to 12 modules, 2 keyboards, and 2 controllers:

Korg M3R
Korg Radias
Korg TR Rack
Korg Wavestation SR
Korg Triton Rack
Yamaha Motif XS
Roland XV 5080
Roland XV 5050
Roland Fantom XR
Oberheim Matrix 1000
Waldorf Micro Q
Kurzweil PC3X
Kurzweil K2600RS
Kurzweil K2500R

I've been thinning the herd a bit......

Every damned vintage Casio I ever laid eyes on, plus Yamaha TG-33, E-mu Planet Phatt, and Roland D-110 and SC-55 SoundCanvas modules. And that's just synths. I have a few vintage sequencers and several MIDI patchbays and USB converters.

I'm not much of a player but that hasn't stopped me.
I have an old Ensoniq VFX
An Alesis QS-8
And my pride & joy, a Hammond L-103 and a Leslie 147

I wish mine was as fancy as everyone's here, but sadly its not.

This is what I use:
Akai Miniak
Yamaha tx81z
Korg Electribe R
E-MU Xboard 49

Looking forward to buy a mini kaoss pad and probably a small analog synth

I have a Roland E16

Roland%20E-16.jpg

And a Technics SX KN-701

technicskb.jpg

Position in studio uncertain at this juncture, still setting up :eek:

And neither of them cost me a penny, which fits right into my budget of nearly nothing..

Thank you online freebies!

Back