What's YOUR guitar rig like?

Fender Cyclone II - Peavey Classic 30.

But for recording & experimenting, there's far more.

5150 with 4x12 marshall cab ,holy grail on loop and an overdrive in front of it for boost with washburn paul stanley u.s.a guit.And i'm about to modified my bias on my 5150 and maybe the output transformer too!!

My Electric Rig: Guitar and Harmonica Mic into a Morley A/B Box into a Fender Cyber Deluxe. I'm saving for a Cyber Foot Controller to do all of my amp switching.

Acoustic Rig: J45 w/Sunrise Pickup into Sunrise Preamp Box into Boss EQ Pedal into Direct Box.

Wow...can I cover it all?

Guitars: ESP LTD EC1000 or '01 USA Strat
Amp: Tech21 Trademark 60

Signal Chain:
Guitars > MXR SuperComp > Snarling Dog SuperBawl Whine-O Wah > Ernie Ball Volume > Tech21 preamp input > (effects loop) MXR KFK-1 10 band EQ
At this point, the KFK-1 splits the signal into two channels.
Channel 1: > Left channel of Line6 DL-4 Delay modeller > A input of A/B Box
Channel 2: > Left channel of Line6 MM-4 Modulation modeller > Right channel of Line6 DL-4 Delay modeller > B input of A/B Box
Then back to the effects loop input and out the amp, or line out.

Really freaking complicated, but really freaking powerful.

sunn s200
celestion 4x12 cab

fx
tubeworks tube distortion
boss tuner
crybaby wah
dano compressor (use it for lead boost, try it ;))
dano tremelo
boss noise supressor
dano delay
dano reverse delay

got a few more fx boxes, but these are all i ever use.

When I gig, a Strat, a Super Reverb, and a tube screamer, sometimes a wah.

When I play around, I add

Roland tape echo
Boss sampler/delay
Line 6 echo pro
EH Memory man
Akai Intelliphase
Danelectro tremolo
Danelectro univibe
Boss Metal Zone
Proco Rat
Ernie Ball volume pedal
another wah
RNC
MXR Dynacomp

guitars:

les paul standard
sg standard
les paul special (p-90's)

amps:

orange ad-140 tc into Orange 4x12 (distortion)
Vox ac-30 (clean)

effects:

distortion (orange):
line 6 dl-4-> moogerfooger MuRF-> boss ce-2-> mxr zw-44->

lehle a/b/y->

clean (vox): line 6 dl-4-> retro sonic chorus ensemble-> pigtronix ep-3

Well after years of screwing around with gadgets and trying to hide my playing I finally learned how to play guitar.

My Gibson SG thru Marshall TSL60 is it. Don't need anything fancy except my fingers.

Though sometimes I take my Vox Valvetronix instead cause I am quite lazy. But all I did was set up the Vox to sound like my favorite settings on my Marshall and make it so I can switch between them. A 2x12 combo is alot easier to lug around than the heavy head and a 4x12 cab.

H2H

Does gear get in the way of making music.....???

It is fun to read that so many of you use sooo much gear. Before even opening the thread I already knew what I would find here.

I totally agree that it is fun to use a lot of different amps, effects, guitars and it also teaches you what each different brand does...............but do we sometimes feel it can all get in the way of making music?

Are there any people here who slim down their rig from time to time as over the years you may dicover that certain pedals/amps and ect. are really good while others may just be a gimmick?

Okay you may not like to admit it, but using all this stuff, and knowing how to use it well will take up a lot of your time, time which is already so sparse. You could use this time just to write songs on an acoustic and................

But then you may feel these songs need a recording, so you may like to buy some gear to make good recordings of your songs, and along with this may come more guitars, amps and effects, just to make better recordings, and before you know it your whole house is full of.....................yeah you know what eh? :D

Oh well it all sounds too familiar, but sometimes you may wish you could turn back to clock a bit................or just learn to control yourself :D

Eddie

I'm a minimalist when it comes to guitar sound. A top notch guitar and a whoop ass tube amp is all I need. My main axe used to be a USA HM Strat. Now it's the backup to my brand new Les Paul Supreme. Either of those will go straight into the Mesa dual rectifier. That's it. Simple and sweet.

Back