What's your favorite guitar?

I've got my handbuilt Les Paul model... A friend, who later the same year graduated as #1 from Sweden's finest guitar crafting school, built it for me. It's from Mahogny that was sawed (sp?) up and put to dry in the 50-ies (!)

A reporter from FUZZ (swedish guitar zine) said it was the finest Les Paul he's ever laid his hands on..

The nice part about it.. the guitar is MINE, and I ONLY paid for wood and hardware :-)

Then... there's my beat up Charvel with an EMG S-81...

Right now it's my Martin D28, but I've only had it a couple of months.....

Nothing to plug in.....just pick it up and pretend I can play.......

One of these days, though, my schedule will get to the point where I can put some serious love on my LP goldtop again.....gibs

Favorite Guitars

Electric - American Fender Telecaster
Nylon String Acoustic - Taylor NS62ce
Steel String Acoustic - Taylor 912 w/ Cedar Top (if that's possible, as most (912s have engelmann spruce.)

I have the first 2, the 3rd one I'm coveting and hoping to have someday.

For years my fav was my 64 Gibson Firebird. I've played it almost exclusively for the last 15 years. But, a little while back I bought a 60s reissue jap Strat and I find myself reaching for it most of the time now.

I love my Mexican Strats....

Feels good, sounds nice, and if I whip it at someones head and smash it, I can buy a new one for $319.99

:)

Acoustic - Gibson J-45 Tobaccoburst

Electric - Rickenbacker 330 Fireglow

I made my wife drive 200 miles out of the way on our vaction this summer to go to Elderly in Lansing MI. It was well worth it. 30 seconds of playing the Gibson and I had to have it. It sounds better brand new than my 16 year old Martin does now.

My favorite guitar is a Japanese 57 RI Strat. It plays better than any other guitar I've owned. Then again, all I've ever owned were Strats.

I never did understand all the fuss about Japanese Fenders until I bought one. Great guitar IMHO :)

Hmmm...

Well, my fav's are the ones I own....

Gibson Marouder
Gibson SG (71 - 74)
Fender Mex Tele Thinline
Fender Esprit (The first ones, PRE Robbin Ford model)
Fender F-55-12
Yamaha APX-6-12
Ibanez Model 60 (classical, but I've put steels on it...SWEET!)
Hofner 500/1 '66
Hofner 500/1 70's

And ya can't go past a Ricky 12 string or 325!

My fav's are Gibsons. I love my 2001 Emeraldburst SG Supreme. I love my brothers Les Paul Custom - Cherry Red.

My favorite band: Choke (from Edmonton), the one guitarist has my dream guitar. I've never played it, but I can tell from my super-senses that it rules all. It is a 1970's Gibson RD Artist. I offered him $3500 (I had never even seen it up close...let alone played the thing) and he still wouldn't sell it to me....some day maybe. That guitar rules all.

Gregwor said:

My favorite band: Choke (from Edmonton), the one guitarist has my dream guitar. I've never played it, but I can tell from my super-senses that it rules all. It is a 1970's Gibson RD Artist. I offered him $3500 (I had never even seen it up close...let alone played the thing) and he still wouldn't sell it to me....some day maybe. That guitar rules all.

i've got the same thing goin for me, my fav. band Earth to Andy (Charlottesville, va) has my dream guitar, An alvarez (i dunno what kind it is an artist series i think) semi-hollow body, theres only 2 in the world, and Andy owns one of em. im in love with it

I love Fender Jazz basses. It's just a great, timeless sound. It was good enough for Geddy Lee, Jaco Pastorius, and John Paul Jones.

Gosh...

My fav acoustic is tough... depends on the song. My Takamine is a great classical, my 1976 Ovation is very full, and my 1995 Taylor is brighter. My brother has our Fathers 1939 Gibson flat top, and it is super nice (after some minor repair a few years back).

Isn't this thread much like "what's your fav food or color" though?? Mitch:cool:

I would say acoustic...... my Yamaha Compass or my Martin DM3MD both are absolutley wonderful!! I like the Yamaha live, and the Martin for recording.

Electric- PAN SG copy I love cheap electrics!

I think I'm going to get my first Taylor this month.

Tyler

My favorite guitar is my vintage 1977 BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme. It's made of Koa wood and is fine looking. It's a GREAT guitar with two humbuckers, active circuitry, single coil cut-off switches, and a funky varitone knob in addition to the regular volume and tones.

It gets a lot of different sounds and is very versatile. Just writing about it, I have to go now and play it...

Back