What's your favorite guitar?

nothing beats the Fender Strat

But it is my ONLY guitar, so I am not in a position to compare...

The one's that play and sound good.....
regardless of brand or vintage.....ya know? :)
Joe

Actually you're right. No offence substractor, but this is a bit of a question like "what's your favorite color? Everybody has a favorite, but you can't pick one objective out and eventually we aren't going to be much wiser with this thread.

My favorite guitar is one some Filipino, Korean, Taiwanese, Japanese, Chinese, or Indonesian accidentally made right. The millions of cheap axes made in Asia over the last few years guarantee that a precious few of them will be great guitars. I own a Gibson SG Supreme and a Taylor 710CE among others, but I will be doing all of my Blues and R&B tracks on a current commercial project with an Epiphone SG Special ($179) fitted with the classic 57 humbuckers from the Supreme. For some material, I like the 3-fret shorter neck of the Special, and the neck is *perfect*. I went through about 16 of them at the store before I found that one. Is it my "favorite"? I don't know, but when I travel, it drops right into the Gibson case good to go. Don't ask who are my favorite children.-Richie

Electric- my '72 Fender Tele
Acoustic- my BRAND NEW 25th anniversary limited edition Taylor
XXV-GA (imagine that)
BAss- my '74 Rickenbacker 4001

I could string up a cigar box and broomstick and make it sound like my favorite guitar.

Spike Vincent said:
I'm a Precision man,but my favourite guitar is the Gibson Firebird 7.

That's a GREAT guitar! ;)

My fave is the one I just ordered... a Samick Ultramatic (UM-3).
It's a knock-off of a PRS that costs about a third of the price.

Man! You're cheap.

Yeah! My Yugo is the same as a Mercedes 600, too. And it's only 1/1000th of the price.

:D

Actually you're right. No offence substractor, but this is a bit of a question like "what's your favorite color? Everybody has a favorite, but you can't pick one objective out and eventually we aren't going to be much wiser with this thread.

I realize it was a bit vague... I was just wondering about peoples favorites. Not which one is best or anything. Just provoking guitar talk.:cool:

OK, I'll Wade In Here...

About two months ago I finally got my hands on a guitar that I've been lusting after for 19 years.:)

Ibanez AR305AV Artist, Burl Mahogany top with antique violin finish.

The particular instrument I now own is a 1982 model and is everything I ever wanted from a guitar.

My other electric is an Epiphone BB King Lucille, and sadly she doesn't get a look in these days. She was my No 1 until the Artist became mine.

I once played a Gibson Les Paul Artisan that was in very poor condition. Some jerk had decided to sand off the original finish, and (I hope you're sitting down) had taken a blow torch to the top, then relacquered it. How could ANYBODY do that to such a beautiful guitar??? :( It was in a shop being sold on consignment. Even the strings were rusty, and the middle pick-up was loose. What a sad, ignominious end for such a beautiful instrument.

--
BluesMeister

BluesMeister-

I'm getting misty. Truly.

John Lennon stripped his bla bla, bla bla bla.

Then a friend of mine stripped his, too. Because it seemed like the cool thing to do.

God damned fuckin' rock 'n roll brats!

:cool:

It's hard to pick a favorite, but.....

My '84 Gibson Flying V with the EMG 89's and the Kahler bridge. It's my "Swiss Army" guitar. I even broke it in half once.:eek: Epoxied the neck back in, gave it a paint job (Lexus pearl white) and it plays better than before I broke it. Everyone who plays it likes it. I need to paint it again though it's been 10 years and it's starting to look ratty again. Maybe black this time......

Refinishing...

Hi M.Braine,

I need to paint (my '84 Gibson Flying V) again though it's been 10 years and it's starting to look ratty again.

Go for your life mate, just promise me you won't take a blowtorch to it ;)

--
BluesMeister

Back