whats the deal with "the marshall sound"

Getting a great Marshall Sound

In reply to your comments on getting a great Marshall sound, I tend to agree in part with edgarallenpoe in that, and this does take some accepting I understand, the first place you should be looking at is your playing techniques and which are best suited to the piece you intend playing. If you want any playing examples check out Marshall's demonstrators Chris George or Geoff Whitehorn and they will soon demonstrate what a difference a good playing technique can make.
Also look at the guitar controls themselves ie the volume and tone controls along with exactly where you are picking and/ or muting the guitar strings when playing. These simple but very effective techniques can make all the difference to a guitar sound and also it is these techniques that make you sound like you, eventually.
Other players who help illustrate these points are Guthrie Govan and dave Kilminster, they can easily be found on youtube - watch, listen, learn and be amazed.
Incidently I use a 100 Marshall with 2, 4x12 Cabinets live, along with, at some gigs, the Marshall EL34 100/100 along with a Marshall JMP 1 pre amp - this is a killer sound in which ever style I choose to play, including a real heavy metal mosh sound.
Good luck with all your playing and sound searches

Back