What's goin' on with everybody

I think the nightmare was on the tape. The day before, I had recorded and mixed a solo artist - a co-worker of our band leader's. He was owed a favor and I was asked to provide a free session, which I did. Light and airy, dreamy acoustic guitar work, then I had to mix in some of his pre-recorded nature sounds (birds chirping,, e.g.). It wasn't awful, really, but neither was it my style. Luckily, the mix I had provided the day before was good enough for him, so I didn't have to re-record.

I think the nightmare was on the tape. The day before, I had recorded and mixed a solo artist - a co-worker of our band leader's. He was owed a favor and I was asked to provide a free session, which I did. Light and airy, dreamy acoustic guitar work, then I had to mix in some of his pre-recorded nature sounds (birds chirping,, e.g.). It wasn't awful, really, but neither was it my style. Luckily, the mix I had provided the day before was good enough for him, so I didn't have to re-record.
I downloaded a video clip, for the video content, that had birds chirping and morning sounds. I imported it in the the opening of the video I was making unaware of the accompanying audio. During playback it fit well with the music so I left it in.

Went to check out sheds yesterday for the back yard for a studio. Meeting with a gent tonight who will site build. Spoke with a few who deliver. I am figuring
10x20 to 12x24, some wheres in there. So far the site build guy looks like the best deal, we will see. Front door, side double door, side window, two front windows, insulated and wired. If I can get him under ten grand I will probably go for it. He quoted me under six grand for a 12x24 fully insulated with one garage door. Lets see where we get with all these add ons. The people I spoke with on line today can do everything I have above but 12x20 with no insulation for around 9500. It will be plug and play. Just run a
line from the house and ready to go.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
Went to check out sheds yesterday for the back yard for a studio. Meeting with a gent tonight who will site build. Spoke with a few who deliver. I am figuring
10x20 to 12x24, some wheres in there. So far the site build guy looks like the best deal, we will see. Front door, side double door, side window, two front windows, insulated and wired. If I can get him under ten grand I will probably go for it. He quoted me under six grand for a 12x24 fully insulated with one garage door. Lets see where we get with all these add ons. The people I spoke with on line today can do everything I have above but 12x20 with no insulation for around 9500. It will be plug and play. Just run a
line from the house and ready to go.
Be bold, dogooder. You can't fake space later.

The shed guy quoted me under seven grand. Everyone else who delivers them wants just about ten grand for the same thing.
So, off we go.

It's my birthday so I went and bought myself a new receiver. My Onkyo amp keeps cutting in and out and I am just to lazy to go into to it to
find the problem. It is a dirty or loose connection or bad pot, something like that.

Man. I haven't had a home stereo system since. . . 1982. I did buy a 5-CD/Cassette boom box in 2000, but that doesn't count.

Happy Birthday, Doogie ;)

Man. I haven't had a home stereo system since. . . 1982. I did buy a 5-CD/Cassette boom box in 2000, but that doesn't count.

Happy Birthday, Doogie ;)
Of course the new piece of shit Sony I bought goes into protection mode as soon as you turn it up. I will bring it back tomorrow. I can't win I tell ya. Sometimes
I feel like Rodney. I count on my home stereo to crank to about concert level. I am going to have to fix one of my old ones. I don't play that much or record much any
more but I can still play a mean stereo.

I hear ya. Mine had a Kenwood amp and tuner and the amp would trip out when I turned that up. Took two trips to the shop before I replaced it with an Onkyo. I had the two-level house wired with speakers in every room, and the ground-level basement area got special attention because all us renters were musicians who liked to jam to albums.

I hear ya. Mine had a Kenwood amp and tuner and the amp would trip out when I turned that up. Took two trips to the shop before I replaced it with an Onkyo. I had the two-level house wired with speakers in every room, and the ground-level basement area got special attention because all us renters were musicians who liked to jam to albums.
You don't know how many I have and have had with the same problem. My philosophy is let the component being protected by what sensing circuit fail, and maybe I can find it. But then again, I am too stupid for my shirt. I feel like when HAL tells the crew to reinstall the communications network or whatever it is and let it fail to prove he is right and then cutting your cord.

Last edited:
I used to use some of my triamped PA systems for stereo.

I moved the woodpile to get the area ready for the studio.
I got a picture of one of my friends of color who was helping me out. He had to be three inches in diameter. The pic don't do da dude justice. He hung out the whole time and
supervised.
SPIDER.jpg

12 x 24 with insulation and a garage door sounds damn cheap...

I did a 20 x 20 close to 25 years ago and it cost me @ $5K

Go for the hand build man...

12 x 24 with insulation and a garage door sounds damn cheap...

I did a 20 x 20 close to 25 years ago and it cost me @ $5K

Go for the hand build man...
Alread done. 12x24, four foot of it will be a porch with 2 windows and door facing the mountains. I can hang out and party. Double door on opposite end. Two 3x5 windows in each side. Two pigtails for electric hookup with 6 outlets and two lights, 1.5 inch foam insulation in the floor, walls and ceiling, 40 year metal roof with one foot overhang on ends. With site prep, gravel and moister barrier, it is all going to come in under 8 grand. If I did that with the delivery guys it be close or over 13 grand. I will install a wood stove, ventless gas heater and and AC unit. Wish me luck. That gives me 240 sq ft of floor space, should be enough for four or five guys to rehearse or record in. I get almost all my wood stove wood free from either CL or market place on FB.

Reactions: TAE
Back