What's everyone using for Compression?

TelePaul

J to the R O C
Can't turn my back on my boss CS3, at least not for long - I like that very obvious compression. I have been toying around with a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone for a while, and while I do like how quiet it is, it seems a bit over-engineered and the squash on the attack takes aot of getting used to.

What else is in use and what is worth a look?

Can't turn my back on my boss CS3, at least not for long - I like that very obvious compression. I have been toying around with a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone for a while, and while I do like how quiet it is, it seems a bit over-engineered and the squash on the attack takes aot of getting used to.

What else is in use and what is worth a look?

I've used the CS3 for many years now. I got a bug one day and bought a Keeley 4-knob compressor that's a very fine unit. But I ended up going right back to my CS3 because like you said, it's just got that nasty obvious compressed quality to it that a more transparent compressor just can't duplicate.

That's not to knock the Keeley, it's a great compressor.

I've used the CS3 for many years now. I got a bug one day and bought a Keeley 4-knob compressor that's a very fine unit. But I ended up going right back to my CS3 because like you said, it's just got that nasty obvious compressed quality to it that a more transparent compressor just can't duplicate.

That's not to knock the Keeley, it's a great compressor.

Yeah I hear you completely. I tried a few 'transparent' compressors but didn't get the quack I get from the Boss and don't find it all that noisy, or at least, not like people say.

1st compressor = original ROSS
2nd comp = original MXR Dynacomp
3rd comp = Boss CS2
4th comp = reissue Mxr Dynacomp

current comp = Barber Tone Press
favorite so far......

Back