What would you call this?

mshea

My writing's usually all over the place, but i really went somewhere strange with this one, could you help me classify? I've called it: "Call Me Heaven Tonight (you know you wanna)"

It's at my little page on the web: www.livingroomproduction.com

Also. I have another post up in the Alesis forum. I am in desperate need of some REAL sounding string & horns...anyone have anything good they are using for that. You'll hear what i'm talking about needing in the song.

mshea said:
My writing's usually all over the place, but i really went somewhere strange with this one, could you help me classify? I've called it: "Call Me Heaven Tonight (you know you wanna)"

Also. I have another post up in the Alesis forum. I am in desperate need of some REAL sounding string & horns...anyone have anything good they are using for that. You'll hear what i'm talking about needing in the song.

Hmmmmm.......Classification hey!!

I am struggling to really classify without the song having everything that it needs to compliment your sweet voice!....as in some sweet sounding strings and maybe a clean warm toned guitar!!

It does have "Soul" and a touch of Jazz/Blues..........hmmmmm???????

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!
:)

Last edited:
mshea said:

I am struggling to really classify without the song having everything that it needs to compliment your sweet voice!....as in some sweet sounding strings and maybe a clean warm toned guitar!!

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

"Rhythm-n-Soul"

is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

"Rhythm-n-Soul"
is what I am going for!!

Last edited:
mshea said:

I would love to hear this tune with some clean mellow guitar and some sweet sounding strings to compliment your voice!!

I call it:

"Rhythm n Soul"

mshea said:

I would love to hear this tune with some clean mellow guitar and some sweet sounding strings to compliment your voice!!

I call it:

"Rhythm n Soul"

AH HA! I'll give that a try

This song is definitely still a work in progress. I would've called it 'Call Me' except i already have a song with that title. I thought it could use some guitar i just haven't found the nice line....yet. Thanks. I like that, rhythm & soul.

Thanks.

Ummmm

Oh yeah...can this really be a 'song' if i only have 5 words repeated in various patterns throughout..do i need to come up with more lyrics or am I ok as is?????

This song would likely fit into a genre called New Jack, or it may find a comfortable spot in the Pop Jazz section. There are definitely jazzy and pop elements to the song though. The percussive element tends to lean toward pop, while the vocals tend to reflect jazz leanings, in my opinion. I got a bit of Anita Baker meets Enigma from it.

mshea said:
This song is definitely still a work in progress. I would've called it 'Call Me' except i already have a song with that title. I thought it could use some guitar i just haven't found the nice line....yet. Thanks. I like that, rhythm & soul.

Thanks.

I would love to have a go at putting some guitar tones along with this tune of yours if you are interested.... :)

mshea said:
Oh yeah...can this really be a 'song' if i only have 5 words repeated in various patterns throughout..do i need to come up with more lyrics or am I ok as is?????

I have heard songs with a similar amount of words on the radio getting passed as songs so why not!!...... :)

Forgot to Quote

Gorty said:
I would love to have a go at putting some guitar tones along with this tune of yours if you are interested.... :)

Let's try this again. Yes. That would be great, always open for collaboration! Where do i send the file and what format would you like?

Back