what was that other forum

gave up trying the dual boot..but i had this old p4 lying around...wacked on a copy of xp pro and things are sailing along!!

...deep warm feeling of self satisfaction ....:)

If I can put in a small comment to this argument (oh Jesus...), surely the point of forums like this is to share actual real-world user experience, which can never really come from a manufacturer's site or search engine?

When I'm looking into buying a piece of gear or software, sure I'll check out reviews and the manufacturer's site for tech details, but on forums I'll get real-world info from the people that use this stuff day in day out.

An ambigious question such as in this case, about USB/PCI 64Bit drivers 'working well' is a perfectly valid question for a forum, where generally a load of audioheads will wade in and offer their own experiences.

Comment over. :)

As a random impartial observer, MadAudio, it looks to me like you're still trying to be the king of the internet. What you're doing isn't really any better than what this guy was doing. You argued with him til you felt you had "won".. maybe you've got some good intentions in there somewhere, but at 43 I'd hope to be doing more useful things with my time than arguing such mundane stuff.

For other forums try:

gearslutz.com
recforums.prosoundweb.com

and that took me less time then you guys spent arguing. THerefore, i am by defacto:

KING OF THE INTERNET.

i piss on your motherboard :D

jizz-guzzling rat licker

Best thread ever!

MadAudio, it looks to me like you're still trying to be the king of the internet.

I think Mad is just, well - mad - because he is tired of seeing the extremely simple questions being asked (in many cases over and over, not so much in this one), that could be answered by a simple search.

I get annoyed by those very same questions, because, while this forum is here to help people with recording, it doesn't mean they have to become lazy and unable to do any legwork themselves.

If a google search will yield a response, then don't bother posting on a living forum. If you actually cared enough to do some of the work yourself, and still got nothing, then come over here. Its not like the question asked was over a matter of taste, or some intangible concept.

The best reason for searching yourself? God forbid, you might actually learn something. The answer to your question is buried in a parapgraph in an article somewhere? Chances are, you will need to know something else that you would've gotten from said article or webpage that you would not get simply by asking a bunch of forum members for the direct answer.

Get out and learn! Go forth - you go with my blessing!

Think you've got it backwards, friend. He was chastising someone else for saying google it rather than answering the question. And it's not that he doesn't have a point, I just made the observation that he seemed unusually invested in arguing about it.. It's really no different trying to beat "do a search" into peoples heads or criticize those who do that.. it's all just a waste of time.

Back