what was that other forum

zazz

hmmmm
what was that other forum that dealt with the higher end of home recording.

i posted a couple of unanswered post on 64bit drivers the other day but i think maybe its better suited to the more advanced user forum.

thanks in advance guys.

That reminds me, what ever happened to RO Blows? That guy was cool.

recording.org does indeed blow. Buncha self-satisfied twats over there, IMO.

I really don't understand why people find Google or a manufacturer's website so hard to use. A little research on the subject would give you a quick answer.

A self-satisfied prick, eh? Or maybe someone who can use a search engine to find information that takes, literally, less than 5 seconds to get. Either way, good job supporting laziness.

A self-satisfied prick, eh? Or maybe someone who can use a search engine to find information that takes, literally, less than 5 seconds to get. Either way, good job supporting laziness.

Yes, you act like a prick. Is it just an act? Judging by your last post, I'd say "maybe."

I tried being King of the Internet once. It was a miserable failure. You WILL NOT EVER stop people from being lazy, especially if you try to browbeat them. In fact, you will meet the very same opposition I am giving you now. It may be less polite, though, so don't be surprised if you get called a jizz-guzzling rat licker or something of that nature by someone less civilized than I am.

P.S. Your return rep shows you do have a sense of humor. Apply it to the rest of the world, and you'll be OK.

I guess that telling people to do their own research on a subject they care about equates to me trying to be king of the internet. *Learns something new every day*
Now, if you look at the thread the OP's talking about, basically the same reply I gave was given (albeit in more of an "answer" format). Are you going to neg. rep that dude too for telling him to look at manufacturers' websites?

I guess that telling people to do their own research on a subject they care about equates to me trying to be king of the internet. *Learns something new every day*
Now, if you look at the thread the OP's talking about, basically the same reply I gave was given (albeit in more of an "answer" format). Are you going to neg. rep that dude too for telling him to look at manufacturers' websites?
Dude, do you even really hang out at this site? Repetitive questions get asked all the fucking time! And again, what makes you think your one post will change human nature? You really really really need to get over yourself. It will free your mind, I guarantee. I don't neg rep newbies for being newbies. But I do neg rep people who for some reason or other are acting like know-it-all asshats. I've been that asshat before, and I managed to learn from it. I took my licks and learned something about myself in the process.

I'm giving you an opportunity to rise above here. If you don't want to rise to the occasion, then that's your choice and no skin off my back.

? All I was doing was recommending he look at the manufacturer's site and/or do a Google search.
In the interest of not getting into a drawn out feud, you are right, I was wrong and am a prick, etc. and deserve neg. rep from everyone because of my gratuitously know-it-all-must-change-human-nature-with-one-post post.

? All I was doing was recommending he look at the manufacturer's site and/or do a Google search.
In the interest of not getting into a drawn out feud, you are right, I was wrong and am a prick, etc. and deserve neg. rep from everyone because of my gratuitously know-it-all-must-change-human-nature-with-one-post post.
Bullshit. Your post was without a doubt "Go to Google because I can't be bothered to tell you something that should be obvious." THAT is why I called you a prick, and your self-centered responses show me I wasn't far off the mark. And the "OK you're right and I'm wrong" is one of the oldest and weakest responses in the book. Grow a fucking spine already. I may not be the sharpest pencil in the coloring box, but I know crap when I smell it.

Now give us a kiss and let's get over this stupid shit!

*Jack off motion, fart sounds*

Yep, that's about the size of it if that's all you'll allow. :rolleyes:

At the very least, we can agree to disagree. And if that's the best you can do as far as a counter-argument, then we are truly done here. Thank you for validating my estimation of your debating skills. Have a nice day.

acctually there was a huge dolop of tounge in cheek when i started this thread cause i knew it would get more response than a straight up "does anyone know" type question.....and just maybe somone would chip in with some more info about 64bit drivers.

there must be more knowledge than just one post..surely!!

oh yeah.... www.recording.org good old google.:)

you posted in this forum....:rolleyes:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=243816

I don't know where you're going to get more advanced of a home recording site.

That's pretty damn funny.

I also find it funny that since Apple came out with 64-bit desktops, average users scrambled to build PCs with 64-bit architecture, when the OS that currently dominates the PC world doesn't really handle that architecture very well at all, nor does a fair amount of third-party hardware run well (if at all) on it.

*hmm*

That's pretty damn funny.

I also find it funny that since Apple came out with 64-bit desktops, average users scrambled to build PCs with 64-bit architecture, when the OS that currently dominates the PC world doesn't really handle that architecture very well at all, nor does a fair amount of third-party hardware run well (if at all) on it.

*hmm*

64bit computer systems have been around since 1961 (IBM 7030) and have been available as desktops/workstations since 1991 (DEC Alpha/SGI/Others) so its NOTHING new by a long shot. When your dealing with a platform like windows that is in almost 9 out of 10 computers on the planet and of those 8 out of 10 are used in business anything that is not absolutely needed does not get used and is slow to adopt, even if it has advantages. Nobody really caters to a 2% market share

Oh, my point wasn't that Apple was there first (sorry for the confusion) - sure there have been 64-bit systems for a long time. My point is, Apple went ahead and made a mass-market system built around a 64-bit architecture. It would seem that it was only then that Intel/AMD came out with consumer 64-bit desktop processors (or at least it wasn't until after this that they became in any way popular).

So it ended up that Apple had designed an entire OS version around 64-bit capability, and Windows had to follow suit, but didn't invest enough time in it.

The fact that so few people use 64-bit PC systems does indicate that MS accurately predicted that it wasn't a major issue - and it isn't.

Working for the campus IT department last fall when students were coming to Syracuse, I believe out of the 8,000 computers we registered on the campus network, 1 or 2 were 64-bit PCs...

I just think it is pointless to build a 64-bit PC, as the benefits don't seem to outweigh the issues I've helped people with, between software and hardware incompatibility.

I certainly don't want to start another debate between PC and Mac... this is more a complaint about people jumping on bandwagons, etc etc

And thus ends my early-morning rant :D

yeah..i used to use 64bit dec alphas in the 90s ...they acctually recompiled on the fly during installation...very odd machines.

and as for 64bit...well i wouldnt dream of buying one for audio....but 64bit pcs running max are the only ones than can access over 4gigs of ram..ie 16gigs.

but it would be nice to use it for other things besides graphics....a dual boot might be in order.

Back