What PA-speakers (with Bluetooth) do you recommend?

Hello, I have been looking into maybe buy a pair of active PA Speakers 12" or 15" and I look for that one solution that works for everything (don't we all sometimes?:-)).

My plan is to use them (with my other stuff) and use them as an amplifier for electric guitar, acoustic, bass guitar, keyboard/synth/organ, as well as normal music/mp3 speakers from TV:s, Phones, iPad's, Computers indoors and for outdoor backyard barbecue parties.

I have a few "must haves":

I want to be able to link them in a stereo setup (L/R + LR/LR) and to have both Bluetooth settings control and Bluetooth playback.
I want passive cooling and not a built in cooling fan.
I want the Bluetooth to be built into the speakers, no XLR-dongle on the back...

What do you recommend?? :unsure:

I have found the following with built in Bluetooth:
Alto TS412 / TS415
JBL EON 712 / EON 715
EV ZLX-12BT
RCF ART-912-AX / ART-915-AX

Any opinions on any of these? :unsure:
Any other suggestions? :unsure:

I am not sure the latency with Blue tooth is low enough to allow live playing through such speakers? The BTh facility is usually provided just for the connection of music sources such as phones.

There is a lot of experience with those brands over at the soundonsound.com forum.

Dave.

My dancers have been using bluetooth to the speakers for a few years now and while there is latency, it's not a sync issue - they press play on their phones or macbooks and their rehearsal tracks come out.

I bought 4 of these. Thomann

They are silent, tough (having kicked them about a bit) and seem to connect to anything. Sound wise - it's the usual 12"/1" plastic box sound, so OK, but a bit bassy - but they're loud enough for a pile of dancers to use just one at decent volume in a 20x20m space

My dancers have been using bluetooth to the speakers for a few years now and while there is latency, it's not a sync issue - they press play on their phones or macbooks and their rehearsal tracks come out.

I bought 4 of these. Thomann

They are silent, tough (having kicked them about a bit) and seem to connect to anything. Sound wise - it's the usual 12"/1" plastic box sound, so OK, but a bit bassy - but they're loud enough for a pile of dancers to use just one at decent volume in a 20x20m space
Yes but Rob, dancers are not hitting a key of plucking a string and expecting a near instant response. As I said, BTh is fine for music replay.

There are for instance many wireless guitar systems but I don't think any of them use Bluetooth?

Dave.

I read it as he wanted to playback music but connect the other stuff into the inputs? Most of these speakers have jacks, XLR and phono connectors on them, plus a separate bluetooth, or SD card replay facility - for those folks who like to sing to tracks

I read it as he wanted to playback music but connect the other stuff into the inputs? Most of these speakers have jacks, XLR and phono connectors on them, plus a separate bluetooth, or SD card replay facility - for those folks who like to sing to tracks
Yes, fine if the singers are 'plugged into' the speakers via a mixer say and the tracks come from a phone but if the mics come from a bluetooth mixer and some of the music direct there is going to be bother.

Dave.

Back