what "new" acoustic guitar sucks the most?

what do you hate the most?

• Takamine

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Ovation

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Fender

• Dean

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carlo rebelli

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Washburn

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • epiphone

• it was a small name but it sucked

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Lots of differing opinions - but there sure is alot of Ovation bashing!!

For what it's worth, I have several different US made Ovations (nothing other than US made) - and without exception I like them all better then my Taylor 914 and my Gibson J200. When they are plugged in it's the tone baby - the tone!! Encredible for recording, playing live and all around endurance. For playing up the neck - I have never found a guitar that maintains intonation all the way up the neck like the Ovations.

Here in Canada - considering the weather swings we have - the Ovations are far more stable then any other stringed instruments I have. And to top it all off - the new US models that Kaman is releasing this year are fantastic sounding, looking and playing.

For me, it's all about feel and tone - and the Ovations capture it for me!!

Dano

sile2001 said:
Either that's just the new Takamine's (like the whole G series) or I just got a really good one. I have a Tak F360 from around 1998 (before the G series was introduced) and while it's no match for either of my Taylors, it really sounds pretty darn good.

I've got a Tak fd-360sc (this the one you're talking about with the dsp-1 electronics?) I bought it around 2000 or so. It's a sweet guitar. I'd say it hangs with the Taylor's I've played, but not the larivee's. The tak G-series guitars aren't the greatest, but for the price they're not too bad imho.

i bought a renissance guitar in a pawn shop back when i knew nothing about guitars. i bought it because it was blue.....something tells me they made it in the back room.

I went shopping about 5 yrs.ago for a decent acoustic. I had $500.00 cash and a mint fender reissue vibroverb amp to trade in( easily worth another 3 to $500.00.) I shopped 3 big music chain stores near Orlando Fl. Tried all the different models. You name it and I played it that day, Martin, Ovation, Taylor,Takamine etc.... I kept going back to this cheap, used Ibanez. It just sounded great and played real nice too. I really wanted to go home with an expensive "big brand", But just couldn't justify blowing the cash on a guitar that didn't give me a "woody"- So I went home with the "cheapy". Although I was a little frustrated...I still play and love that guitar.
The moral of the story is TRUST YOUR EARS!!!!!! Not the name or price tag.

Buck62 said:
Ovation guitars truly sound like crap.

Hohner guitars also sound like total poop.

I would bet you probably sound pretty bad playing those guitars. ;)

Too many to mention

You get what you pay for in most cases but I got a free Carlo Robelli last year during a promotion from Sam Ash. I thought it'd be total crap and had planned to give it to my nephew for christmas. He's only 8 so I thought it'd be alright for a beginner. I was plesantly suprised with it. After taking off the cat-gut strings it came with and adding some Elixers it plays comparable with a lot of $400-500 guitars i have played. The electronics on it aren't the greatest but hey, it was free. By the way, my nephew got some leggos.

definitely sucks

Rainsong---damned expensive and sounds like crap. No lows at all, very brittle sounding.

how the fuck did this thread pop back up?

I'll bet someone voted in the poll......

whatevah...................:rolleyes:

Ovations sound ok amped.....Nancy Wilson plays Ovations and she rocks......but, plastic and wood do not go well together....no matter what...they will all eventually fail......wood swells and shrinks....Plastic doesn't.....
I wonder if Estaban is still selling shitty guitars?
it's been 8 years after all.............:rolleyes:

Back