What made Trump so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the only thing this raid comes up with is archive rules violations - regardless of the criminality of such - I might even consider such picayune. Especially if it sparks outrage from his base and perhaps more dire consequences. Fuel to the fire. Better to walk away from the man and take the spotlight off him. Defuse, yeah? Not in their makeup it would appear. The "get Trump at all costs" movement has not calculated the potential meaning of "at all costs".

If the only thing this raid comes up with is archive rules violations - regardless of the criminality of such - I might even consider such picayune. Especially if it sparks outrage from his base and perhaps more dire consequences. Fuel to the fire. Better to walk away from the man and take the spotlight off him. Defuse, yeah? Not in their makeup it would appear. The "get Trump at all costs" movement has not calculated the potential meaning of "at all costs".
I don't disagree - but it depends entirely on the seriousness of the crime.

From the New York Times this morning:

Former President Donald J. Trump received a subpoena this spring in search of documents that federal investigators believed he had failed to turn over earlier in the year, when he returned boxes of material he had improperly taken with him upon moving out of the White House, three people familiar with the matter said.

The existence of the subpoena helps to flesh out the sequence of events that led to the search of Mr. Trump’s Florida home on Monday by F.B.I. agents seeking classified material they believed might still be there, even after efforts by the National Archives and the Justice Department to ensure that it had been returned.

The subpoena suggests that the Justice Department tried methods short of a search warrant to account for the material before taking the politically explosive step of sending F.B.I. agents unannounced to Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s home and members-only club.

Two people briefed on the classified documents that investigators believe remained at Mar-a-Lago indicated that they were so sensitive in nature, and related to national security, that the Justice Department had to act.

And again - I'm no authority on the matter - but if spending causes or contributes to inflation and *if* the plan was to hire however many new "agents" - the moron that I am concludes that increasing revenue through increased tax collection enforcement could somewhat offset that spending and reduce or at least help with the deficit? Perhaps helping the inflation issue? No?

Something tells me that Mick will be along shortly to see how he can shoot holes in.... well anything or everything that I just said and added.

I've read much of what the piece you posted says is intrue. Also something about IRS stockpiling ammo. Also saw an actual screen shot of a job posting for the IRS. I can't remember the exact wordage, bit among the job requirements was being able to handle a firearm, with deadlt force of necessary.

Other than that I don't know much about it, and if you've noticed haven't hung my hat on it. Not that I would doubt it.

As far as holes, it's called the inflation reduction act....I won't mention that if it was whatever bill proposed by republicans it would be called the "so-called" something real bad. Whatever. If the so-called inflation reduction act costs, what, 870 billion, and hiring new IRS agents over ten years brings in, whatever figure you piece said, 240 billion(?), theres a bit of a gap there. Especially if hiring new IRS coats 87 billion. I'm being lazy and not going back to check figures. Seems a bit smoke and mirrors, something officially called the inflation reduction act is being lauded by the government and the media as good for things other than reducing inflation. Word is government spending is what has in part caused the inflation were experiencing. Spit balling, it might be a good idea that if you're going to pass something called the inflation reduction act, that is what it should be targeted to do, reduce inflation. Some people might call it a lie to hoodwink the electorate. They might be right.

Two people briefed on the classified documents that investigators believe remained at Mar-a-Lago indicated that they were so sensitive in nature, and related to national security, that the Justice Department had to act.
Ah yes - the smoking gun. As alleged by the Gray Lady. All the news that fits...various evolving agendas. (Don't mind me - I very much do not like or trust the old, established media.)

Oh no - the 1/6 "insurrection" was nuthin'. Wait for the witch hunts coming after mid terms and the tidal wave when Trump is re-elected. (It will be even sooner if this raid produces enough evidence for a trial. God help us all if these fools convict him.)
Disturbing to me that people can be so zealous for any politician. These people have too much power to be given anything but suspicion. Long after they leave office we can decide if they were good or not.

Seems to me that we are already in a rough patch. I agree that it could be worse - but strikes me as a damned if ya do, damned if ya don't scenario.
In this case I'll take the damned if I do option. The devil you know and all that. (Or is that damned if I don't? I are so cornfused.) The Dem and anti-Trump forces (for lack of a better term) had an opportunity to leave the stupid SOB floundering in the dust of failed promises and blowhard self-aggrandizement. All they had to do was ignore him and his mewlings. Oh no, too much to ask for politicos on their own self-aggrandizing tours. So what have they accomplished? They have kept that asshole as the dominant theme of the 24 hour news cycle. It's the Trump cycle now, Baby and plays right into the wheelhouse of his ADD-addled followers. "Look - Trump. Make America great again!"

Oh my god we are so fucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back