What made Trump so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ed. Good morning. It's an opinion piece I read in the New York Times this morning. Don't agree with the author? Then don't agree. I'm good with that. 😉

Well, nonchalantly dismissing the piece as you will, it is an opinion piece you chose to post, here. With all this talk of gathering evidence and what not, that would indicate evidence that the piece receives your endorsement, yeah? Surprising, the piece is largely garbage. Maybe we could do one of them "rip line by line" things of which you seem fond, if you can manage the time. You first, sir.

The floor.

I'll start?...just to get things rolling.

With the disclosure that the F.B.I. searched his winter palace at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump has doubled down on his attacks on law enforcement and on law itself. And many in the G.O.P. establishment are backing him up — not necessarily because they truly believe him to be innocent but because being seen to be persecuted by federal officers is now a badge of honor in the Republican Party.

One thing I will give the Donald credit for is his masterful manipulation of media sources. He didn't have to announce before anyone else that his property was being searched. No doubt, he saw an opportunity and exploited it. It really is one thing he is really good at. Ostensibly, he or one of his people must have been issued a copy of the warrant. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's how that works. And I assume it would explicitly describe what items they were looking for. He could even publicly release the contents of the warrant, I assume. No - he is going to play victim AGAIN - something that is no doubt second nature to him by now. Like breathing.

One thing I will give the Donald credit for is his masterful manipulation of media sources. He didn't have to announce before anyone else that his property was being searched. No doubt, he saw an opportunity and exploited it. It really is one thing he is really good at. Ostensibly, he or one of his people must have been issued a copy of the warrant. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's how that works. And I assume it would explicitly describe what items they were looking for. He could even publicly release the contents of the warrant, I assume. No - he is going to play victim AGAIN - something that is no doubt second nature to him by now. Like breathing.
Amazing how you turn one thing into another. Tell me can you do that with lead into gold?

So after the raid and finding all this incriminating evidence, me being stupid would have thought the worlds media and even the galaxy's media would be assembled to watch the orange man thrown cuffed and shackled into a rusty old armoured truck with 1" iron bars on the windows. The air full of helicopter gunships and thousands of armed SWAT men pointing their guns at anything that moved.

What happened by the way, is he being held at Alcatraz or Guantanamo Bay?
That's not how our legal system works, but you wouldn't be expected to know that so I forgive you.

Well, nonchalantly dismissing the piece as you will, it is an opinion piece you chose to post, here. With all this talk of gathering evidence and what not, that would indicate evidence that the piece receives your endorsement, yeah? Surprising, the piece is largely garbage. Maybe we could do one of them "rip line by line" things of which you seem fond, if you can manage the time. You first, sir.

The floor.
Hey Mick. Good morning. It's an opinion piece I read in the New York Times this morning. Don't agree with the author? Then don't agree. I'm good with that. 😉

And he's a victim of bone spurs!!!

Hey Mick. Good morning. It's an opinion piece I read in the New York Times this morning. Don't agree with the author? Then don't agree. I'm good with that. 😉

You agree with it, yeah? I mean, you posted it.

Not interested in dissecting it line by line, otherwise known as ripping it?

According to Trump's lawyers who arrived at the scene subsequent to the "raid" commencing, law enforcement conducting the raid were initially reluctant to provide a copy of the warrant. Contrary to "explicitly describe" what items they were looking for, probable cause was sealed. As the law professor in the opinion piece you posted said, perhaps the purpose of the raid was "whatever they ended up seizing would contain evidence of a crime." I'm no expert, but I don't think that is how it is supposed to work. Besides, sealing probable cause might lend credence to some crazy conspiracy theory that it was merely what they call a "fishing expedition", and law enforcement could later taylor probable cause to support "whatever they end up seizing". I would think that is why disclosure at the time of the raid is important, important to subjects of the raid, and certainly above the table law enforcement. Any citizen to include former presidents could righteously and accurately to classified as a victim if such things occured. If probable cause is not disclosed at the time of the raid, we will never know, will we?

Anyone see that overlay a Reddit user did with the Fox News folks yelling about Hillary's emails and how the FBI needs to be allowed to do their jobs, but showing the Mar-a-Lago footage. Pretty great.

It's a witch hunt I tell ya! He'll tell you that, too.

Witch hunt?

You made the assumption that the search warrant "would explicitly describe what items they were looking for". Maybe the NY post wasn't reporting it, I don't know. But I provided information with which you are (were) unaware.Trump's lawyers said probable cause was sealed. Aren't you interested in truth, and facts? All you have to say about that is some sophomoric reference to witch hunts? That's how seriously you take it....law enforcement conducting a raid on someone's home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back