What kind of RAM do you use?

NewbMediaGuy

I'm looking to upgrade my RAM from 2 512MB sticks of Corsair Value Ram to 2 1 gig sticks of XMS RAM click here for ram. I was wondering if getting some low latency ram would be better, or if that will make a big difference. I seem to have some latency issues with the demo of Fruity Loops and I'm not sure if it's the ram or not, but I am going to upgrade regardless but just wanted to see what everyone else is using for your system.

So what do you got?

"Low latency RAM?"

The latency of memory is measured in nanoseconds. You can't hear a nanosecond, or even a thousand nanoseconds.

Memory is okay or not okay. You won't fix a latency problem in your audio system by choosing a certain brand of RAM.

What do I use? Whatever is available at Micro Center. I don't know and don't care what brand it is, as long as it works.

I got the same memory in that link & I upgraded from 1gb of it. that was a mix match anyways. Now I'm happily running the pc3200 for now

IT does matter what kind of memory your running. Some brands use less layers in their boards & that causes unstabilities in the memory & performance lag. They become unreliable.

ok I didn't think I needed the low latency ram, but I noticed on newegg some people mentioned their programs loaded faster because of it so I wasn't sure it it'd help me.

But what kind of brands do you guys use? I've had Corsair for a while and like it, seems to be very stable, but I don't really push my ram with overclocking either

Back