What it was like in Austria under the Nazis

Here's a solution...
If you want a free college education, then make military service mandatory for all able bodied citizens upon graduation from High School!

And, yes... "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND!"

Last edited:
How do you reconcile statements like this with your professed Christianity?
You should read the Bible...

I was never taught to tolerate blatantly anti-American, anti-Constitutional, woke communist lawlessness.... or start wars.

I'm old school.
I was educated and trained to end them.

Last edited:
A 2015 study by Dr. Garen Wintemute and Dr. Daniel Webster found that the “share of crime guns that originated from in-state retail sales in states with both [permit-to-purchase] policies and handgun registration was, on average, 37 percentage points lower relative to the comparison states lacking either policy.”
I don't know what you thought this would prove. A leftist source citing the Giffords law center another leftist source. What happened to Gabrielle Giffords and others the day she was shot was tragic but a registry wouldn't have had any impact on preventing her being attacked. Closer scrutiny of those of unstable mental status might have.

I read the article and the Chicago PD article cited within it. They make the stunning revelation that "crime guns" started out as legally sold guns at an FFL. In other news water is wet.

They spend a lot of energy making an absurdly weak case for gun registries actually reducing crime. They found some straw-purchasers. A registry still has -0- impact on stolen guns. They try to knock down John Lott's assertions, I don't see that they do. Washington DC has some of the most stringent laws in the US, still has a massive crime problem. The whole thing smacks of "war on drugs" ineffectiveness.

We see this boilerplate in the Chicago PD report.

1. Strengthening law enforcement resources, including hiring 970 new officers, and providing training and technology to support CPD’s crime fight;

2. Investments in violence prevention, including evidence-based mentoring, academic support programs, and restorative justice principles in CPS schools;

3. Legislation to address gun violence, including increased criminal penalties for high-risk gun offenders, and licensure requirements for necessary oversight over Illinois gun dealers;

4. Economic development and employment opportunities to treat the root causes of violence, including an expansion of job programming and support services, financial incentives in economically stagnant neighborhoods, and investment opportunities to attract jobs;

Building community trust and legitimacy between CPD and the communities that they serve, including sweeping police reform measures, accountability, transparency, and de-escalation training, as well as a new culture of community policing within the Department

"Restorative justice" is of course a leftist notion that doesn't work in the courts or anywhere else. There's been talk about "economic development" and "building trust of the police" forever. What *does* have an impact is when crime is given a pass and businesses leave.

As expected there's no mention of the demographics of crime - it's just talked about in the abstract. The root problem is there's a particular culture creating a lot of people willing to commit crime. We already know how you react to stating this reality out loud.

Nowhere do I see any justification for impinging on non-criminal gun owners.

Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

Last edited:
I don't know what you thought this would prove. A leftist source citing the Giffords law center another leftist source. What happened to Gabrielle Giffords and others the day she was shot was tragic but a registry wouldn't have had any impact on preventing her being attacked. Closer scrutiny of those of unstable mental status might have.
Tell me about the “closer scrutiny of those of unstable mental status”, because I’d certainly agree, but you don’t seem to want any inconvenience whatsoever to infringe on your rights.

Otherwise this, and the Johns Hopkins research, show that registration laws can, among other things, reduce possession by those that want to do harm by cutting down straw purchases.
As expected there's no mention of the demographics of crime - it's just talked about in the abstract. The root problem is there's a particular culture creating a lot of people willing to commit crime. We already know how you react to stating this reality out loud.
What if it did? What would the proposed solution be?

The "lawless" have been allowed to propagate their ideology in their music and other mainstream media for as long as I can remember... So, the real question is, why WOULDN'T they take it to the streets and practice what they preach?

Now, we have government agencies who's only purpose is to propagate racism for the sake of votes, and effectively legitimize EXCUSES for the lawless; Even teach it in public schools.

If not for racism... a certain "AMERICAN" minority would have no identity or purpose at all.
Why doesn't anyone address the damage that government has obviously been doing to this particular minority of people?

That's not to mention the precedence this has set for other minorities to follow...

The CONSTITUTION is supposed to be the unifying ideal that makes us all AMERICANS!
No good can come from biting the hand that feeds you...

If not for racism... a certain "AMERICAN" minority would have no identity or purpose at all.
Black people would have “no purpose at all” without racism? What?
Why doesn't anyone address the damage that government has obviously been doing to this particular minority of people?
So as not to misunderstand you, to what are you referring?

So now black people are "the lawless"? Wow. It's funny how all these different threads become about black people. Y'all REEEEAAAALLLLYYYY don't like black people.

So... I have to wonder.... are the people who frequent this forum, the people who moderate this forum, and the people who own this website ok with the fact that there is an overt racist here who is happy to openly share his ugly point of view?

Just curious.

So... I have to wonder.... are the people who frequent this forum, the people who moderate this forum, and the people who own this website ok with the fact that there is an overt racist here who is happy to openly share his ugly point of view?

Just curious.
Often wondered the same. There was a thread that got deleted when someone (forgot his username) went full-on out in the open with it.

Often wondered the same. There was a thread that got deleted when someone (forgot his username) went full-on out in the open with it.
Here's the thing... I'm a big believer in free speech. You know.... government protected speech. But this is a privately owned forum and the owners make the rules, the moderators enforce them (and sometimes, it seems, enforce their own "rules"), and the rest of us can choose to stay or leave according to our own views of the content, comments, and views that are tolerated here. If this is aloud here and were to become a regular thing - I'd be gone, I will be gone. I guess we'll see.

My guess is that this is not something that the owners would tolerate if they knew. But who knows....

Here's the thing... I'm a big believer in free speech. You know.... government protected speech. But this is a privately owned forum and the owners make the rules, the moderators enforce them (and sometimes, it seems, enforce their own "rules"), and the rest of us can choose to stay or leave according to our own views of the content, comments, and views that are tolerated here. If this is aloud here and were to become a regular thing - I'd be gone, I will be gone. I guess we'll see.

My guess is that this is not something that the owners would tolerate if they knew. But who knows....
I enjoy healthy debate, and I guess it’s been nice that this place is small enough that we get to know each other a bit rather than a free for all like Reddit etc. Once the debate is no longer “healthy” though, might be time to pull the plug.

Perfectly anticipated response...
If the Constitution is "racist", then so be it.
I'M A RACIST!

Perfectly anticipated response...
If the Constitution is "racist", then so be it.
I'M A RACIST!

What response? I just asked clarification questions.

Why don’t you just answer the questions you’ve been asked?

Last edited:
Back