What it was like in Austria under the Nazis

brassplyer

Among many other things she mentions - sounds like that "sensible gun control" you Bidn voters goose-step around clamoring for:

Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

There was once upon a time when I thought you weren't pushing the envelope a tad too much. That was once upon a time.

Uh huh.

Explain why a gun registry is a good idea.
I don't know how it works in every state, but here in CT, if you are a law abiding citizen, purchasing a gun, the gun and the owner (purchaser) is a matter of recoŕd, as it should be, in every state.

Explain why it is you think gun registry isn't necessary.

I don't know how it works in every state, but here in CT, if you are a law abiding citizen, purchasing a gun, the gun and the owner (purchaser) is a matter of recoŕd, as it should be, in every state.
And what do the criminals do?

Explain why it is you think gun registry isn't necessary.
So far you've engaged in leddy-like crap-hurling and outlined what happens in your state - you still haven't answered my question - why is it a good idea?

Last edited:
If they really could take away "ALL" the guns, I'd be all for it!
Let's have a "rollback" to the days of clubs and swords. You must admit, there's something much more personal and honorable about cracking skulls and gutting your enemy like a pig on the battlefield...
Cops could carry Samurai swords; Wouldn't that be awesome?

I learned over the years to not comment on some subjects because you believe what you were brought up to believe, and we only seem prepared to accept legislation on unimportant middle ground issues.

the US don’t mind other countries thinking their way of life is very strange. We now have police with guns at airports and sensitive places. we hate it. Police here are refusing to carry guns now. Criminals tend to carry knives not guns. Probably best because the low life’s we see on TV luckily are not as common as the media suggest. Most UK citizens have never actually seen a gun, bar the police at airports, let alone touched one, and not being allowed to have one is not something any of us worry about. We find it funny that little old ladies might have a gun in their handbag, and we’re grateful we are controlled. The very few times guns get into the news here, we don’t like it at all. Some people thought it essential citizens could have guns. It’s amazing that people long dead are still deciding what US people can do now.

I learned over the years to not comment on some subjects because you believe what you were brought up to believe, and we only seem prepared to accept legislation on unimportant middle ground issues.

the US don’t mind other countries thinking their way of life is very strange. We now have police with guns at airports and sensitive places. we hate it. Police here are refusing to carry guns now. Criminals tend to carry knives not guns. Probably best because the low life’s we see on TV luckily are not as common as the media suggest. Most UK citizens have never actually seen a gun, bar the police at airports, let alone touched one, and not being allowed to have one is not something any of us worry about. We find it funny that little old ladies might have a gun in their handbag, and we’re grateful we are controlled. The very few times guns get into the news here, we don’t like it at all. Some people thought it essential citizens could have guns. It’s amazing that people long dead are still deciding what US people can do now.
Life isn't necessarily the same everywhere in the US but crime can be found everywhere. I doubt anyone with a normal psychology likes it when there's gunplay in the news but better when someone engages in justified self-defense or some criminal lowlife is taken down than an innocent person being victimized.

Whether a criminal has a knife, gun or crowbar they still pose a threat due to their willingness to commit crime. There's no way to predict when you might encounter criminality. I subscribe to the adage that it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I could be wrong but I don't think the UK with it's much smaller population has the same kinds of issues the US has. You don't have a South Central LA, a Compton, Newark or any of the inner-city crime centers of the US.

Of course as I understand it you *do* have politicians who've caused a "refugee" crime problem in Europe, a course certain politicians here have shown an eagerness to pursue.

This just happened. Just now.

I just finished reading an article describing how the NRA is dying. Membership and revenues are way down. After I finished reading the article my mind wandered.... considering my own feelings about gun rights and gun ownership (I own and keep loaded firearms in my home - something I've mentioned here before). I laid here reflecting how in a new york minute I would happily register my weapons, adhere to any personal periodic licensing requirements, and happily pay for liability insurance if the law required it. Then I thought to myself: "I hope that becomes the law someday".

No kidding - that happened just prior to my coming here this morning.

I could be wrong but I don't think the UK with it's much smaller population has the same kinds of issues the US has. You don't have a South Central LA, a Compton, Newark or any of the inner-city crime centers of the US.
They also don't have.... 350 million guns in public circulation. :facepalm:

They also don't have.... 350 million guns in public circulation. :facepalm:
Curiously with occasional exception the vast majority of the time guns become a problem is when in the hands of those with deliberate criminal intent - usually by prohibited possessors - which your and 60's wet dreams of gun registration has exactly -0- impact on. I've entered countless businesses while armed and have never felt any inclination to rob one. Or commit any crime with a gun.

Still waiting for 60's to articulate why a gun registry is a good idea, how it benefits me.

I definitely believe you. Biden voter, right?

Amazing that you harbor such sheeply wet dreams when government has demonstrated over and over a proclivity for abuse of power.

Last edited:
Curiously with occasional exception the vast majority of the time guns become a problem is when in the hands of those with deliberate criminal intent - usually by prohibited possessors - which your and 60's wet dreams of gun registration has exactly -0- impact on. I've entered countless businesses while armed and have never felt any inclination to rob one. Or commit any crime with a gun.

Still waiting for 60's to articulate why a gun registry is a good idea, how it benefits me.

I definitely believe you. Biden voter, right?

Amazing that you harbor such sheeply wet dreams when government has demonstrated over and over a proclivity for abuse of power.
Dude.... let's be clear. You post shit that isn't true. You constantly say and express things that aren't true. <---- I mean verifiably not true. You're a terrible debater who talks over, under, and around people's very good points. You live in a reality that I don't recognize or subscribe to. You fucking laughed at a bunch of solar panels being smashed to smithereens - something that is not funny in any way whatsoever. I'm not going to discuss anything with you. Seriously.... leave me alone. Weirdo.

Dude.... let's be clear. You post shit that isn't true. You constantly say and express things that aren't true. <---- I mean verifiably not true. You're a terrible debater who talks over, under, and around people's very good points. You live in a reality that I don't recognize or subscribe to. You fucking laughed at a bunch of solar panels being smashed to smithereens - something that is not funny in any way whatsoever. I'm not going to discuss anything with you. Seriously.... leave me alone. Weirdo.
You huff and puff to try and misdirect from the fact that you can't offer a coherent explanation of how a gun registry benefits anyone. It should be simple to post something "verifiably true" and show how wrong I am.

I further laugh at you still being butthurt that I snickered at a demonstration - i.e. reality - that current-day solar tech isn't a practical solution for dependable mass power and that people who try to sell the lie that it is are full of shit. I don't have a problem with the technology I have a problem with all the bullshittery.

You carry on like I laughed at your mother being murdered. I laughed at the bullshit of Green New Dumbasses like AOC and 'tard childpuppet Greta Thunberg being shown to be bullshit.

Yup you're a Biden voter.

The only valid argument the "anti-gun" nutz have is "guns make MASS MURDER easier",
but only gun advocates want to discuss the problem of criminality.
Guns, knives, and clubs are not the problem.
It is said, Cain killed Abel with a rock...

I don't know why, but I half expected this thread to be about "How Lovely It Was With The Nazi's In Charge" considering the Messenger. Haha.

Also... here we go again with the "huff and puff" "snickering" "sneered" wordplay of the Cheeto Bandito Brass Lover.

Guns make killing people easy. It should not be easy to kill people in a society. Normal human beings do not need guns. Make laws that put people in jail for carrying a gun outside of their home.

A 2015 study by Dr. Garen Wintemute and Dr. Daniel Webster found that the “share of crime guns that originated from in-state retail sales in states with both [permit-to-purchase] policies and handgun registration was, on average, 37 percentage points lower relative to the comparison states lacking either policy.”

Back